“a good all round hotel”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
London, United Kingdom
“a good all round hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

i have been at hyatt now for over 2months and it has been great, the rooms are nice the service is particularly good especially tom the driver who goes the extra mile and rudy at the front desk is a great help as its my first time in california
its very family friendly and has a great pool, hot tub, the wifi is free and fast and the food is good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us your survey.

Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Westminster, California
Reviewed January 11, 2014

convenient location. Which is close to the beaches, restaurants, shopping. This is great place to stay. Hotel have Kitchen, full cooking stone, refrigidaire, have breakfast, Internet, parking free.
We will come back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quitter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us your survey. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the suites.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I hesitate to give 5 stars to a non-luxury hotel, but truly, there was almost nothing to complain about! Free wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast with a good selection, and free (family friendly!) happy hour with snacks and sodas, as well as a glass of wine for this momma!. All for a competitive price, ie, they didn't sneak those fees into justifying a higher room rate.

The one bedroom suite had two beds, two flat screen tvs, a kitchen (single stove top and 3/4 fridge, but otherwise fully appointed). Two computers with printers are available for use and were easily accessible (no checking out a key, or getting a passcode, etc), perfect for printing boarding passes and e-tickets to legoland. We did not use it, but we saw the shuttle available, and saw it a couple of times while we were at legoland, and wondered if maybe we should have! It was centrally located and easy access to Oceanside, Carlsbad Village, legoland, etc.

For those who might be interested, the bedroom layout had the sink outside the commode/shower room. Also, the tvs did not have pay per view movies, but had a large selection of cable channels. The beach is about a 1/4 mile away, easily walked to for older children and adults, or those with strollers. I took my morning run along the beach one morning. The pool was heated - though still too cold for adults, the kids loved it. A hot tub was available and large enough for about 10 people.

The nearby train did not bother me, and I did not notice it, others might. We were on the first floor and there appeared to be a kid above us that ran a lot, but not the hotel's fault and we did not complain about it so do not know how they would have remedied it. Request a higher floor if it is a concern. Finally, everyone, from the buffet servers, to the housecleaning was helpful and cheerful and appeared to be working hard.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and there appeared to be a kid above us that ran a lot, but not the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lawyermom3000
Dear valued guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us your survey. We are glad to hear your enjoyed your recent trip.

Thank you again for your time.
Joshua Tree, California
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This location right off the freeway. so make sure you ask for room away from hyway. rooms are large and have full refridges, and cooking stove. great for kids and families. close to beaches and legoland- train also runs near by and can be annoying to some, but fun for others, it is quick and funny- front desk is good and attentive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear valued guest:

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 760.929.8200 x404.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The level of service here is GREAT! Sherine and James, always ensure that I have a comfortable stay each visit for work. If you do not mind the train near by, this is a great place to stay, which is close to the beaches, shopping outlets and restaurants!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 29, 2013

1 bedroom suite with adequate kitchen and full size refrigerator - new decor, clean with flat screen TVs in bedroom and living room area. Complimentary breakfast better than most. Right off of freeway and ideal location for families for Legoland

Room Tip: Top floor best if you aren't traveling with children. Infrequent train horn not an issue at sle...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Ewa Beach
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Let me start out with the positive. The housekeeping is fantastic. The person who took care of my room was Lorena. She was very thorough and made the room look awesome!

Now for theses reason(s). The rooms are close to the train tracks and the Highway. No way around that really. If you are a light sleep like me you will need to be tired. The main reason is that I specifically called John, the Manager, before I booked and after I was there for over a week to give me some good rates because I wanted to move to a bigger room since my family will be here visiting during the holidays and he told me he would take care of me. I told him that I will stay at the hotel for at least 6 to 8 weeks. When the time came he basically offered me the same rates as the online rates! Really John? How is that any different from what I was doing??

In addition, the breakfast was pretty bad with baked eggs and the same things morning after morning. For dinner it was basically appetizers with very small plates. The meal staff in the morning was fantastic where the dinner staff was less desirable and stayed more in the back so they didn't have to fill up drinks. It was terrible in that sense. If the food were good then maybe you can stay in the back but since the best thing during the "dinner" social was the drinks then you better be out in the front and be seen. Mind you I only drank Sierra Mist!

I went to Homewood Suites because of the service even though I am paying more. For what I have seen including the waffle maker in the morning, they are hands down a better place. In fact I got the same rate I originally booked a week ago when I added more days with a one day notice. The online rate was $30 more but this Manager gave me the same rates I had originally booked for. When I was staying at the Hyatt House I asked to see if I could stay an additional 5 days on the same rate I was there for and he said no since the hotel was almost full for the holidays. Hmm, I was already there for 2 weeks and still no. Got it, done, I am here!

Room Tip: Get rooms away from the train traffics since the Highway noise on the other side is not as bad.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Pohahawai
john208, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear valued guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 760.929.8200 x404