I was leary to book here because it is so close to Legoland I feared kids would be swarming the halls, but was pleasantly surprised it was not the case. Great location for other things to do; easy drive/park to watch surfers or to the beach. A few nice restaurants nearby. We attended a wedding nearby at a resort property and this was a great alternative from hotels listed by the bride once we saw them and their busy and hectic locations. Carlsbad has a nice little downtown area. The room itself has a great bathroom setup with bath sink separate from toilet/tub. Awesome magnifier mirror at sink. Nice touch. Didn't need the full size kitchen but can see using it if we stayed longer so make meals. Nice bar w/stools to eat at (replaces a table which takes up too much room anyway); nice entry way table to drop stuff at. Nice breakfast help if needed, very pleasant (manager?) folks running it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the coast of beautiful Carlsbad, California and conveniently situated only 2 1/2 blocks from the beach, Hyatt House San Diego/Carlsbad is surrounded by the area's many great attractions and restaurants. Enjoy a five-minute shuttle ride to Legoland or GIA or travel a short 35 miles to the San Diego Convention Center, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Old Town or the San Diego airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- Hotel Of America Carlsbad