“My three week hotel stay”

Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The freindly staff and customer service at the front desk, the coffee bar, maintenance, etc were excellent. I stayed for an unexpected amount of time and was surprised my the consistent friendliness. It was a welcome feeling to return every evening. The fireplace in the lobby and easy access to computers and printer was great too. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I would choose a room away from the side of the building where deliveries are made. Early morning t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Winnieowen,

Thank you for staying with us for three weeks! We appreciate that you recognized our inviting lobby, Starbucks Coffee, and great breakfast options!

Most of all, thank you for recognizing our staff and their friendliness. We can have the greatest rooms, or the greatest breakfast, but it is our staff that sets us apart from the others. Thank you for recognizing them. We cant wait to share your comments with them!

As a side note, we took your feedback and we actually changed all of our delivery times. We don't want our operations to interfere with a good night's sleep. After all, that's why we are here. Thank you for pointing this out!

We look forward to your next visit. Happy Travels!

Warmly,

Trent Selbrede

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I only stayed 1 night for business but it was a really nice stay. Absolutely no problems at all. Nice nights sleep, nice breakfast and excellent staff. I did not notice another hotel in the area. Usually you don't have to try to hard when you are the only hotel, but the staff here was very friendly and professional

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

HoltED,

Thank you for the great review. We realize that our location may not appear optimal but being away from all of the traffic and activity also provides our guests a quiet and serene environment.

Most of all, we are pleased that you took time to recognize our staff. This means a lot from a senior reviewer with so many reviews. We have already shared your review with our staff and the recognition from our guests means so much to them. Thank you for taking the time to tell fellow travelers about our staff. They are what sets us apart from the others.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmly,

Trent Selbrede

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This courtyard is really quiet and out of the way.Its very close to palomar airport,but if your are driving you will have to look for it. The hotel staff is very professional and knowledgeable. The hotel has very comfy beds the marriott way.This hotel needs a little updating has not reached the new style of marriott rooms as of yet,but still clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: upper floors and away from steps and elevator
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed overnight and instead of a continental breakfast, we were entitled to two free breakfast sandwiches at their cafe to go. We tried ordering 3 different sandwiches and they were completely out! The breakfast was a joke. Plus it took over 15 minutes of waiting to order then for the guy to try and figure out his frozen sandwich inventory. It was also overpriced and we were going to have to pay for two meals for our kids because you only get two complimentary breakfasts. I miss the continental breakfast! We ended up going to Carls Jr by the freeway instead, better value although less convenient.

The hotel overall is nice, new looking! Close to Legoland!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank OrangeCountyRebecca
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this Courtyard for one night after business in San Diego. The hotel is a few miles off I-5 and in a business park area so you will need directions or a GPS to find it. Check in was quick. The lobby looks newly decorated, the rooms are fine and what I expected from previous stays at Marriott Courtyards. The made to order breakfast at the hotel was very nice and the staff attentive and wanting to please. This Courtyard feels more geared toward the business traveler, not the tourist - a good place for a one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for 3 days for leisure. During my stay on the first night, we found 2 empty vodka bottles and a few dead spiders. After complaining to the manager on duty, he was very apologetic and asked if I needed anything of him at the current moment besides seeing to it that my room was cleaned thoroughly; and I told him no, just as long as I did not find any more empty vodka bottles or spiders. Besides the room not being cleaned well, there were only 2 ice machines working within the whole hotel (one being on my floor…thank God). However, the beds, and pillows were nice and comfy so I did get a good night’s sleep. On the upside, the pool was open late for late swimmers to enjoy, as well as free Wi-Fi. On my last staying at the hotel, I woke up with two more spiders in the restroom…at this point not only was I disgusted but also angered at the fact I could have been sleeping with spiders. I went down and spoke to the Guest Services Manager and she too was extremely apologetic and made sure I did not leave there unhappy. After speaking to her, I left I was reassured that the room would not be occupied until it was looked at. Giving there are no more spiders in the room, I may return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spoke to a friend who also stayed here 3 months before and he had the same problem.
Both the 1st and 2nd floor Ice Machines were not working thru the 3 days we were there.
They knew about it and didn't tell us . So after searching and wasting time we finally received ice from the nice cafe/bar area at the front of the Hotel.
Located close to LegoLand and very modern hotel , just wish they would maintain it , in a better condition.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family