Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarriott courtyardtypical courtyardbistro areabistro stafffront deskgreat hotelquiet areawould stay here againbusiness tripone night staystayed here for nightsvisiting legolandshort driveconvenient locationlego landpool and hot tubsan diego
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed overnight and instead of a continental breakfast, we were entitled to two free breakfast sandwiches at their cafe to go. We tried ordering 3 different sandwiches and they were completely out! The breakfast was a joke. Plus it took over 15 minutes of waiting to order then for the guy to try and figure out his frozen sandwich inventory. It was also overpriced and we were going to have to pay for two meals for our kids because you only get two complimentary breakfasts. I miss the continental breakfast! We ended up going to Carls Jr by the freeway instead, better value although less convenient.

The hotel overall is nice, new looking! Close to Legoland!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank OrangeCountyRebecca
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this Courtyard for one night after business in San Diego. The hotel is a few miles off I-5 and in a business park area so you will need directions or a GPS to find it. Check in was quick. The lobby looks newly decorated, the rooms are fine and what I expected from previous stays at Marriott Courtyards. The made to order breakfast at the hotel was very nice and the staff attentive and wanting to please. This Courtyard feels more geared toward the business traveler, not the tourist - a good place for a one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for 3 days for leisure. During my stay on the first night, we found 2 empty vodka bottles and a few dead spiders. After complaining to the manager on duty, he was very apologetic and asked if I needed anything of him at the current moment besides seeing to it that my room was cleaned thoroughly; and I told him no, just as long as I did not find any more empty vodka bottles or spiders. Besides the room not being cleaned well, there were only 2 ice machines working within the whole hotel (one being on my floor…thank God). However, the beds, and pillows were nice and comfy so I did get a good night’s sleep. On the upside, the pool was open late for late swimmers to enjoy, as well as free Wi-Fi. On my last staying at the hotel, I woke up with two more spiders in the restroom…at this point not only was I disgusted but also angered at the fact I could have been sleeping with spiders. I went down and spoke to the Guest Services Manager and she too was extremely apologetic and made sure I did not leave there unhappy. After speaking to her, I left I was reassured that the room would not be occupied until it was looked at. Giving there are no more spiders in the room, I may return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spoke to a friend who also stayed here 3 months before and he had the same problem.
Both the 1st and 2nd floor Ice Machines were not working thru the 3 days we were there.
They knew about it and didn't tell us . So after searching and wasting time we finally received ice from the nice cafe/bar area at the front of the Hotel.
Located close to LegoLand and very modern hotel , just wish they would maintain it , in a better condition.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel had been remodeled and has a very nice lobby. We found the room to be nicely decorated but very small. We had alot of noise coming from the room next to us. We found the front desk to be not very costumer service friendly. The location is nice and quiet. It is an ok place for a nights stay but we would not want to stay here for more than a night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple