“Service has declined”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Counter
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We used to go to the Counter once a week. Service used to be really good, food and drinks used to be really good. I'm not quite sure what has changed. My husband always orders the same thing, once a week. We have probably eaten at the Counter at least 50 times, each time, he gets the same exact order.

The last time we went, he ordered his usual coffee shake (with alcohol), and they brought him a vanilla shake, no alcohol. So he told the server - I ordered coffee flavor, and this is vanilla - also, no alcohol is in this. (He was worried they might made a mix up and served his alcoholic beverage to some kid instead.) The server brings back a new shake - and it doesn't taste right, and still no alcohol. (Basically, it tasted like the bartender just put the vanilla shake back in the blender and added some coffee to it).

For someone who has had the same drink over 50 times, my husband knew something was wrong with it. We NEVER complain, but it was bad enough that he told the server - I don't think this shake is right, it also still has no alcohol in it. The server goes back to the bar.... then the manager comes over (a youngish guy we have never seen before).

The manager then, in a very rude/snotty voice says, "I can keep making this drink over and over all night long, and it will still taste the same. Do you want me to bring you a different drink?!?!?!" All my husband wanted was the drink made properly. The first time he got the wrong flavor. The second time, the same drink just with flavor added to it - no alcohol at all. Nobody "made the drink over and over" like he was insinuating.

We will NEVER be back... and we were regulars at this restaurant - and never once complained (ever). The food has declined as well, the service has declined, and there is no point paying a premium price for a burger if it isn't going to taste good and the service is bad. Seriously - you can expect a check for 2 people to run at least $50 if you get fries and a drink. The new manager or whoever he is needs to drop the attitude. It was really unprofessional.

1  Thank ManekiNek0