“Almost completely remodeled” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Studio City
“Almost completely remodeled”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Did a very nice job of remodeling the rooms. However, they forgot one item - the doors. Since the hotel is near the freeway, it would have been nice to replace them as the white noise from two devices would not cover the traffic noise. We cut the trip short due to lack of sleep. It seems this may be a problem in the suite portion only due to their location and proximity to the freeway. The staff and management are very nice, so if you do not need a suite it may be ok for you.

Room Tip: Not ask for a suite as you will have overpowering freeway noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed the remodeled suites and our friendly staff. We are disappointed to hear that your trip had to be cut short and that your stay did not meet your expectations. Offering a high quality of service and providing guests with a great stay are our top priorities and with our updated rooms we hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Keith Noe, General Manager 760-438-2828

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The rooms are very nice, and comfortable. It is a little loud because it is close to I-5, but not too bad. One problem I did find was that the internet was pretty slow. When I called about it, the front desk clerk was very helpful. Overall I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the the west side for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the La Quinta Inn Carlsbad. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our updated and comfortable rooms and that we were able to assist you in resolving the internet issue. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for staying with La Quinta!

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I really have no complaints at all about this hotel. We arrived very late at night, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The check in process was quick and smooth. The breakfast was great! It got very busy in the morning for breakfast, but they were quick to put more food out consistently. We went to the beach and Lego Land, and this hotel is very close to both. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in late September for a get together with family from the Bay Area. I've never been disappointed by an LQ hotel and they are far and away my favorite chain because of the consistency of their accommodations. The Carlsbad property was no exception.

Clean, updated room with two comfortable beds, fridge, micro and coffeemaker. Free wifi. Ample parking very close to rooms. Honored our request for a downstairs room due to mobility issues.

The pool was heated as advertised, the jacuzzi was wonderfully hot and rollicking, plenty of towels provided out by the pool, and they had installed equipment to allow handicapped guests to enjoy the pool, which I'm seeing at more LQs lately and I think it's a fabulous trend!

The free breakfast was great with the usual LQ fare of DIY waffles, hardboiled eggs, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt, with coffee and juice to drink.

As this was their first stay at an LQ, the people with whom we went to meet up were pleasantly surprised with the room and the hotel in general. I think they expected a lot less for the money and I was proud to show off what a great deal the LQ chain offers for the price.

Not much within walking distance except other hotels, but a short drive down the road is a Claim Jumper restaurant which had a menu with wide selection and reasonable prices for very tasty food.

The personnel at this location were a little bit more strict than most in enforcing its smoke-free property policy. While I understand and appreciate that many guests demand that, a happy medium would be nice. I don't like feeling like I have to go out and stand at the edge of the parking lot. Many LQs still offer the option of smoking rooms, and I know some think that's too much to ask, but at least having a comfortable designated area would be greatly appreciated.

One weird thing that happened which I must mention, though. Upon our arrival, the desk clerk couldn't find my reservation until I gave her my confirmation number. Long story short, somehow my last name had been altered on the reservation to a name that has no connection to me whatsoever! Very bizarre.

None of this was enough to sully our enjoyment of the property, though, and I give my usual four stars to this hotel. LQ, you are still doin' it right and you're the yardstick against which I measure all the other budget-friendly hotels at which I stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your continued loyalty in the La Quinta brand. We understand you have many options when traveling and we are delighted to hear you choose La Quinta for your traveling needs. Our updated rooms provide a number of amenities and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the comfortable beds, mini-fridge and microwave and of course our complimentary Bright Side Breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for staying with La Quinta!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stay here for our Legoland trip last month and I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel! The rooms were just remodel and were very nice and clean. Is closed to shopping centers and a short drive away from the beach and LegoLand. The kids also loved the free wi-fi. Overall it was a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kind comments and for staying with us during your trip to Legoland. We are delighted to hear you and the kids enjoyed our updated rooms, complimentary wi-fi and convenient location near Legoland. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your next trip!