“False Advertising”

Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Hackensack, New Jersey
“False Advertising”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

What does the hotel mean when they say Free Fast Internet? The Internet is so slow.... so slow... just enough to check emails... if you want to Skype or FaceTime with friends and family that you miss very much.... forget about it!! a 1 minute YouTube clip might take 15 min to view because of the buffering... good luck!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Frank C
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations with every stay and we are sorry to hear we did not accomplish that with your stay. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Kyle Greco, General Manager 760- 438-2828

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was again inpressed with the La Quinta chain. I choose another place to stay acorrding to where I was going in California. When I got to the Hotel my reservations that I had made threw the hotel directly were for 11/21.... 2013. The young man at the desk said it is no problem and gave me a room. He had before told me that they were sold out for the night but assured me I would have a room. When we got to our room he had given me a Handicap room wiith no tub. I have RA and need time in the bathtub so I went back and asked for another room and with no problem was given another room. yea!
I always read reviews to find out how the beds are because that is important to me! This room was very nice and quiet and the bed is great. The Hotel was very busy and 3 storys but I never heard the people above us. It is easy to find. I was about 8 minutes from Del Mar but perfect for the price. Breakfast was good. Pool look nice although I didn't use it. Resturants were only a few minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and your continued patronage in the La Quinta brand. I am happy to hear our staff was very accommodating and lived up to the high standards of service we strive to provide all our guests. Hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Carlsbad!

Kyle Greco, General Manager 760-438-2828
Anaheim CA
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

One night getaway with the Hunnie. Place was easy to find, nice suites with mini-fridge. Close to freeway-but had requested a room away from it. Nice quiet neighborhood, easy to get to the Carlsbad outlets stores. Breakfast was just enough to get the morning going. Bath and room very clean.

Overall-good price on Priceline and great stay!

• Stayed November 2012
San Diego, CA
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel provides EXCELLENT service and wonderful beds! The mattresses are really wonderful for my back - better than my own at home. The value is excellent and if you are interested in nearby attractions or services, such as restaurants, the staff is knowledgable and helpful, providing personalized service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose this hotel about a half hour before I arrived. I usually pick LaQuintas because they have pillowtop or tempurpedic-like mattresses. This LaQuinta was pretty average. We were on the freeway side and traffic noise was pretty distinct. Didn't hear it too much after tuning on hte A/C. Otherwise, the room and bed were fine. Liked the jacuzzi. Liked that they had laundry facilities. Breakfast was standard LaQuinta fare. Front desk staff were nice. Overall, about what you'd expect from a LaQuinta on the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the Freeway side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and for your continued support of the La Quinta brand. While I am glad to hear you your stay lived up to the La Quinta standards, I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, as this is a goal we strive for with every guest. We hope to see you again on your next trip through the area and allow us an opportunity to show you our high standards in service. Please contact me if you have any questions or you would like to discuss your stay further. Kyle Greco, General Manager 760-438-2828