“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had never been down to this part of the state so I had no idea of where to stay. I searched various bargain websites, coupon codes, etc. Finally I just went in and looked at reviews and it was light a bright shining light and choir of angels....La Quinta. They had great reviews, so I started asking a few friends that travel often and La Quinta has quite the reputation. So I went ahead and booked my reservation.

I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere where the reservation wasn't messed up..until now. When we got there, I gave the super nice girl at the front desk my email confirmation and she had us checked in and ready to go in less than 2 minutes. Wow. I was impressed.

We went up and checked out the room and it was great. Clean, well stocked, coffee maker, mini fridge, large closet, etc. The room was pretty modern in it's decor, which is sometimes rare for a hotel!

All in all I would definitely suggest this hotel to anyone traveling to this area. The big selling point for us is how close it is to Legoland. You can take surface streets and get to Legoland in minutes. Many places to eat and shop nearby. It's close to the outlets, the beach etc.

We will be staying here again when we go back in the Spring/Summer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Salinas, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Thank you for making my weekend in So Cal so awesome, the staff Is the best,
from the moment I called to ask for information on a room I knew it was there where I was gonna stay,
Breakfast I'd delicious, my friend liked the fact that you can eat as much as you can lol,
the room was A++ maybe the bathroom was a bit small, but good, thank you again, I will stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lumend13
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were a family of 17 from Kona Hawaii and really enjoyed our stay at La Quinta! The staff very nice and helpful, bathrooms especially was very clean, the breakfast had something for all in our family. The location to Legoland convenient, Outlet shopping very close by. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We visit yearly and always stay here. The rooms are clean and very comfotable. A shopping center is just a short walk away and there is a refrigerator in the room, the complimentary breakfast is decent as well which is nice if you like to save money by not dining out at all meals. If you are a big walker like myself, or a runner, the beach campsite is a nice way to go. Close to downtown Encinitas and Carlsbad. If traveling with the pups, I highly recommend Del Mar Dog Beach.

Room Tip: Great things to do in town is the Seaside Bazarr on Sat. and Sun., Swami's Garden. Watch the sun...