Loved the grounds of this resort. I came to participate in a group meeting with my company and decided to stay for a few days to enjoy CA. The staff was helpful and attentive, the food was great and the meetings rooms were appropriate to our needs. The adult pool area was divine and I loved (and admittedly was a little surprised) to hearing music playing when I went underwater.
The only issue that I had with our stay was the gnats in our room. We were in a suite and the gnats were in the bathroom, closet and bedroom. When I called down on the first night, I was told a manager would be notified and would call me back after it was looked into. I didn't receive a call back, so I called back again the second day and was told that maintenance would take a look. On the third day, I went to the front desk to ask if the room had been treated, as they were very present in the room. The front desk asked if I had the balcony doors open...(?). I responded by saying no, as the initial part of the trip was for business travel. (Even if I had, does that negate the fact that the gnats were in the room?)
By the fourth day, I decided to spend as much time outside of the room as possible so that I didn't have to deal with it. I also mentioned that the gnat problem has not been addressed as I was checking out, however, not much care was given to the issue not being addressed.
Outside of that, the resort was great. I will definitely come back, but would request/demand a room change if the insect problem presented itself again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Prestigia, Otel, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara