I stayed at this hotel for a few days over the July 4th holiday. I've stayed at quite a few nice hotels and this one was definitely top-notch service and ambiance. The rooms are very nicely decorated, have a fridge, and we had a cute balcony to sit on with actual wood chairs. Beds and linens were comfy and they give you slippers and bathrobes. They put us on the 2nd floor which actually didn't give us any view so I'd suggest getting 3 or above.
There are several different restaurants and two breakfast locations on-site. We only ate at the lounge - once for late lounge snacks and once for the prix fixe holiday meal. They actually were awesome enough to ask the chef for other options since I am vegetarian for the holiday meal and it wasn't just slop they threw together it was real entrees! The lounge menu was also very good. We tried several of the small plates and a few of the bigger ones and everything was definitely Hyatt-worthy. The breakfast is very good - the favorite for me was their house-made vanilla bean yogurt. Bread items at all the restaurants were very good too - someone actually cares in the kitchen.
They thankfully have two types of pool experiences. There is a family pool with two hot tubs. Then there is the tranquility pool for 21 and over and a 16 and over hot tub. Unless you're there with kids you'll definitely want to go to the adult area as the other is noisy and kiddie-filled. At the tranquility pool the staff was super helpful. They put down our towels for us, brought us water, cleaned our sunglasses, came around to get drink or food orders. Best of all, the cabanas are first-come and don't cost extra.
We were happy with the fitness center. There are a few cross-ramps, ellipticals, bikes and treadmills. They also have some weight machines (mostly leg ones but also chest, biceps, shoulders) and a pulley-machine. There are also mats, Swiss ball, Bosu ball, and two benches. Best of all they have lots of free-weights up to pretty heavy amounts. Downside - there was a man there with two kids treating it like a jungle-gym.
I don't know if the July 4th holiday drew tons of families but I was astounded by how many kids were there. Strangely almost all the kids were under 7 years old and each couple seemed to have three so you can imagine how overwhelming it kinda was. When we were in the lounge at 10pm listening to a jazz band playing (very good!) there were issues with young children wailing. Nothing the hotel people can do about that but I wouldn't come for honeymoon or anniversary if it's like that regularly.
There was an issue with the fire alarm going off four times over two hours during the night. They were more than generous with their compensation to us for the annoyance.
July 4th night they had a full-length fireworks. Crazy! They even made sure almost no locals were there to preserve room. Easy to get standing room by the pool to watch it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara