We used to stay here when the property was run by Four Seasons. It is still a lovely hotel with a beautiful golf course but the rooms are not as pristine as they were under Four Seasons management. While new carpeting has been installed in the rooms, much of the furniture, we were told, is not changing. The dresser and desk and chairs in our room were chipped and in general, worn looking. We were told the sofa was going to be recovered and coffee table replaced. Perhaps when this is done, one won't notice the wear and tear on the remaining furniture. That said, the bed was comfortable and the bed linens beautifully pressed and of high quality. On the other hand, the towels, although extra large, were very thin. Park Hyatt has obviously chosen not to replace or upgrade them as of now. However, the Lobby and all the public areas on the main level have been kept up and are very gracious.
We ate dinner at Vivace and the food was really delicious and the room is still as pretty as before so we would recommend it highly.
The golf course is beautiful and with mounds of gorgeous flowers on practically every hole, real eye candy. We were lucky to be there when everything was in bloom and a riot of color. The starters are the best we've seen on any resort course. They were smart enough on both days that we played to let us start on an empty hole on the back nine rather then be bogged down by a crowded course and very slow play had we started at the first hole.
We looked at the swimming pools but did not use them as the weather was not that hot while we visited. There are 2 pools and both looked nice but not fabulous.
An upside is the cost of the room. The deluxe room here is considerably less expensive than the Grande Del Mar, its competition down the road, closer to La Jolla. For the money you will spend, the Park Hyatt Aviara is good value, but just not as Luxurious as the Grande Del Mar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara