I'm here for a conference and leaving today so thought I'd give my thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind! Firstly, if you're coming here for the first time and programme the address into your GPS, if you can't find the Park Hyatt and just put the address in, you might find yourself in the wrong street as I did! I only bought this GPS last year and it didn't have the Park Hyatt Aviara listed in there so if yours is the same, type in the Four Seasons Carlsbad and you'll find it!
The service was great here with lots of friendly staff! The tariff was about the going rate ($229) but was a little annoyed that breakfast $26) wasn't included. Oh, on the subject of breakfast, have the fruit smoothy! It changes daily but I only discovered it on my third day!
We dined at the Argyle Steakhouse which was quite a distance from the lobby so grab the shuttle unless you want the stroll! There was a wide selection of steaks there but alas, no spare ribs which was what I was craving for! Oh, another tip there, if you have an orange juice, ask them to leave out the ice! I think this is an American thing but it was blimming cold that night, maybe 8 degrees and they served my orange juice up to the brim with ice! By the time i scooped all the ice cubes out, the orange juice filled about a quarter of the glass!
I ended up having a steak which was fine but very expensive! All the steaks run from $47 up which I thought was pretty steep seeing you also had to order side dishes seperately! I sneaked a peek at the bill which ran to over $1000 so I'm just pleased that I don;t have to try to explain that through my expenses!
My room had a balcony overlooking the pool which I didn't have time to use. Both the pool and the balcony I mean!
Decor was tasteful, bathtub was nice and deep, just how I like it! I was disappointed that the complementary bottled water only came at night when they had the turn-down service and wasn't available in the room.
The bathroom seemed a little dated but perhaps this goes with the decor?
Something I very rarely do but did this time was read the labels on the toiletaries and found it very amusing. For example on the body lotion:
"....this hand and body lotion perfumes, softens and smoothes your skin. For better results, have someone else apply it on you.". Now I looked and looked but couldn't find anyone to help me with this!
This theme continues with the shower gel. "....this shower gel cleans the body and mind, as long as you take a shower by yourself. If not, it only cleans the body."
The conditioner: this moisturising conditioner will smooth, soften and perfume your hair. The ones you have on your head, that is!" No kidding, it does say that!
The shampoo: "...this shampoo will wash your hair. And moisturise it. And makes it smell wonderful. And make you look beautiful. And that's it!"
Now, i wouldn't be surprised to read this in a hotel in Asia where the English isn't their first language but these were made in Canada!
I do attest that they all worked well though but I think the next time I come here, I'll take greater efforts to look for someone to help me apply these lotions here! Eiher that or stop reading the labels!
Great soft mattress, probably one of the best I've experienced!
I suspect my toliet was designed by a woman as teh seat wouldn't stay up when going for a number one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara