Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$194
Agoda.com
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$479
Official Site
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$179
$150
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$269
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$459
Official Website
2,122 results
All reviewsfour seasonsgolf coursecalifornia bistrolobby loungetranquility poolbatiquitos lagoonadult poolfamily poolturn down servicebeautiful hotelvideo gamespool stafftennis courtsplay golfair hockeybreakfast buffet isrooms are spacious
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed here when it was a Four Seasons and now that it is a Park Hyatt. While it's not quite up to Four Seasons standards the resort is very nice. The grounds are breathtaking. The golf course is as picturesque as it gets. The fixtures in the rooms need updating, but otherwise this is still a very nice property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jski529
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for four nights while attending the Farmers Insurance Golf Tournament and visiting Taylor Made headquarters.

From the moment I arrived to my departure 4 days later, every employee I encountered couldn't have been more helpful. The valet/bellmen always offered to help with carrying our clubs in or out if we needed, all my luggage arrived in my room less than 5 minutes after I did.

The room itself was a beautiful King bedded room that looked out over the pool area and the golf course in the distance. The balcony with a sliding glass door provided an excellent venue to enjoy a morning cup of coffee while reading the Tribune.

We started each morning with a wonderful breakfast in the California Bistro. Whether you get the full buffet or menu items, they are all plentiful and wondeful tasting.

We didn't spend a lot of downtime in the hotel, but one night we did have a bit of free time, and enjoyed the game room. It was practically empty, so it seemed like our private little haven, where we were able to enjoy pool, ping pong and various play station games. I decided to pass on the Dance Revloution game :)

I've always enjoyed every stay I've had at Hyatts, and this one was most enjoyable.

Room Tip: King view rooms such as numbers 64's through 67's offer a very quiet location and nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the resort for 3 nights, and I had an excellent stay. From the start, the valet employees were awesome. The front desk staff was impressively helpful, and they actually cared. The room was very clean, gorgeous, and had a beautiful view. Argyle restaurant is a fantastic option for dinner, California Bistro was an excellent choice for breakfast. And if you stay here do not skip the game room!!! The hotel is very large and is beautiful. If you stay here, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Church717
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited this resort with my family last summer, and we all greatly enjoyed it. My favorite part was the gardens--they were very lush, colorful, and relaxing. The inside decor was also wonderful. The hotel is near Legoland, so there were many young children staying there as well. In general, they didn't really bother me since the only time I saw them was at breakfast in the morning. (There's an adult-only pool.) There's not a whole lot to do for free there, necessarily: some table games, swimming, jogging, etc. There was a spa but I didn't end up going, and it's not a beachfront property, but the beach isn't too far either. We had good service both at the check-in desk and from the other staff. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amelia W
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to hold our small, family wedding at the Park Hyatt. As there were only 20 of us, we elected to rent a suite and bring in our own liquor for the reception. The hotel bent over backwards to accommodate us and make it a truly perfect wedding. We did have to hold our dinner in one of the banquet rooms with an easily met minimum, but the food was so delicious and the service so attentive that we are the ones who feel we got the better end of the bargain.

The entire staff, but in particular our event coordinator, really helped us make our wedding day as stress free as possible (ya gotta have at least some stress, right?) and in our eyes as close to perfect as we could have gotten. It's not cheap, but we were able to save a lot of money bey being creative, and the staff was more than willing to work with us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family