We stayed at this resort to be near Legoland and visit relatives in the area. This is a nice, basic hotel but it is not a luxury 5* hotel so adjust expectations accordingly (I think I had higher expectations because it used to be a FS). We were there with our 18 mo old son and were underwhelmed by the experience.
Our experience began with the check in ladies who were plentiful but slow, unprofessional and not very friendly. First the room was supposed to be ready in 20 min. Then it wasn't. Then one person went to check on it and never came back. We were passed from person to person while other people were being checked in and shown to their rooms- had our credit card swiped by 2 different people. Finally 45min later we got our keys, and were pointed in the direction of the elevators. No one to show you to your room or help with your bags.
The rooms were dark and large but not very well furnished (dated and cheap looking furniture). The bed and sheets were a real let down- the linens were rough. Cleaning staff left things behind (an old bottle of bubbles with hairs on it in the closet??) and lamps were unplugged. Towels were not plentiful. The toiletries were one plus. Doors were squeaky. It always took a long time to get our car- even if we called ahead for it. And the room service menu was very limited. We usually like to have room service a lot, especially while the baby is asleep, but ended up eating away from the hotel because the options were so limited. Also, they gave the baby a towel as a blanket (folded in the crib?).
The location of this hotel is in the most un-charming area, east of the 5 in the middle of housing developments in Carlsbad.
We will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara