Park Hyatt, Aviara Resort, Four Seasons. This place has like three names but one goal in mind, to give you a great experience.
The best part about this hotel is the price. You will "pay a lot less" here than you would a ritz carlton resort and get all the bells and whistles.
This place is located about 7 minutes from the Palomar Airport and about 10 minutes from Legoland. There are also four golf coursed within 5 minutes of the property, one of them located on the resort property. For the shoppers, you have Carlsbad Premium Outlets only 10 minutes away as well. And of course the beach which is 12 minutes away.
I loved this hotel. This place is very fancy and beautiful. You drive up a long narrow road surrounded by beautiful gardens to a modern/romantic hotel.You can't ask for much more in terms of style. You are welcomed by a large dimly lit lobby with a modern/romantic theme.
The rooms are huge. My unit had a long hallway with a very large bathroom to the right. My bathroom was complete with double sinks, a large bathtub, shower, private toilet and makeup area for the ladies. Further down the hall you will find a small beverage bar with fridge. The beds are very comfortable and cozy. I also had a living area beyond my bed for lounging, as well as a desk area. I had a small balcony that looked out onto a garden with a large fountain in the middle, very nice.
The hotel has an outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi that is really nice. Just make sure that you use it before 7pm because the coastal breeze will catch you off guard.
The Aviara is a pet friendly hotel. I wish I had my dog with me because there are lots of places on the property for your four legged friends. There is a long trail that winds all along the property and golf course.
For the kids, there is a play room on the property as well as play areas outside designated for children.
Staff here was excellent! They were very attentive and courteous. The property is well kept and the rooms are spotless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara