“Great experience, great beer and not having to be driven around stuffed in a van was priceless.”

Scavengers Beer & Adventure Tours
Ranked #7 of 18 Tours in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Owner description: As homebrewers we've developed a passion for hand crafted beer. This passion has inspired us to create a unique tour that highlights San Diego's scenic beauty, awesome food, and most of all radical micro-breweries. San Diego is also becoming widely known for its many award winning Craft Breweries. San Diego currently has 36 Breweries crafting some of America's most highly awarded Pale Ales, Stouts, IPA's, and Porters, etc
Oceanside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
Reviewed July 11, 2011

It was great! Brian was a great driver and host for the afternoon. Really cool experience being driven in the Pinzgauer and I would never go on a beer tour to be stuffed into a van again!

1 Thank Moldspore

Hermosa Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best time ever”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I can't describe how much fun I had on the Scavenger's Beer Tour. Adam was an amazing host and knows his stuff. We did a "couples" tour and I can say that everyone had one of the best days of their lives. I've recommended Scavengers now to everyone I've come across, I think it would be perfect for Bachelor parties, college reunions, etc. And if you are a girl and like beer, you'll love it too!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank mayerlala
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect Beer Day!”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Is there a better way of spending a day? Propably not. I think this was not my last time to take the tour, although it's a bit far from Helsinki, Finland. Maybe I'll start booking the flights right away!

A Great Tour!

Visited April 2011
San Clemente, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beer tour? Yes, Please.”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This was my first time doing a beverage tour and it was more then I could have hoped for.

Our stops included Lost Abbey, Iron Fist, Red Rooster (for hamburgers!) and finally Breakwater Brewery for an IPA taste test. The overall experience was just awesome. The tour had the "in" at all stops and it was enjoyable to be guided through our beer adventure.

At our first stop (Lost Abbey) we were treated to some nice aged cheddar and chocolates to accompany the delicious brews. We were pointed in a direction to move across the chalk board and were able to sample quite a few beers here. Also it was nice to discuss the beers with both Adam, the tour guide, and the bartenders present.

Our second stop (Lost Abbey) was equally as awesome and a totally new beer experience for me. We were also given a little preview in the back as they were dry hopping their current brew.

Burgers at Red Rooster rocked.

Finally we finished up with a blind taste test of IPAs at Breakwater... and I really don't know my IPAs as well as I'd like to think I do.

Finally driving around in a Pinzgauer was one of the highlights. What a fun truck. I am hoping to do this tour again when some family visits in the summer.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank philentology
Carlsbad, California
“Beer Me...Yes, Please!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Thanks to Adam and Travis for making me feel like a beer king. This isn't a beer tour, it's a beer adventure in a one of a kind ride with tasty pairings!! mmmm...Beer...I'm ready to book another!!

Visited February 2011