“Great service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Everything was delicious and clean. You can see the cooks in the kitchen. All food service within eye view

There are newer reviews for The Daily News

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a great restaurant to have breakfast or lunch. We missed our breakfast at our hotel, and we are so glad we did. The food was delicious and the service is great.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went to The Daily News for a late breakfast while "beach hopping" along the San Diego coastline. Coffee was good and my daughter and niece loved their hot chocolate. I'm a huge fan of Huevos Rancheros and I would rate it very good at this restaurant. The girls enjoyed their breakfast burritoes. We sat outside on the covered patio. It was clean-ish. Our server was friendly and was there to refill my coffee, keeping it hot. I could see how parking could be a problem, however, luck was on our side and we got a great spot. We would go back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on the strength of other reviewer's comments. It wasn't good for us!

Parking is limited and the spaces tight.

The patio is nice. Service is adequate and enthusiastic.

We went at lunchtime and we were seated quickly. Beverages were served efficiently and orders taken in a timely fashion. I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak. My wife had the chicken salad and the third member of our party had a BLT. On the plus side, the food was served very hot, no time spent under warming lamps. However, my meal's steak was as tough as boot leather. It was like chewing on a snow tire. Additionally there was far too much salt. You can always add salt to your meal but never take it away. My wife's salad was "OK' uffered from the "too much salt" issue while the BLT was either over toasted or more likely the bread was already stale.

Quite simply, given the previous reviews, we were underwhelmed.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I LOVED their cinnamon bread french toast so much I had to keep going back every day. Good thing we were only in Carlsbad for 3 days, or I would have gained weight