“Outstanding Experience”

Sky's the Limit Ballooning Adventures
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced crew and FAA commercial licensed pilots are ready to take you on a journey surpassing any adventure you have encountered. Our pilots have over 30 years of flight experience combined and each pilot is one of 24 pilots that provide passenger rides for the Albuquerque International balloon festival and have an impeccable safety record. Our balloons and vehicles are regularly maintained and inspected to assure a safe and unforgettable experience. We are a family owned and operated balloon company and your experience means everything to us! Whatever adventure you choose, we will assure you one of the most enjoyable, safe and incredible experiences of a lifetime! So what are you waiting for? "Do Something Different Today"! Operating in Del Mar and Santa Barbara Wine Country!
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went with my husband who was a reluctant participant. We both had a wonderful time, and he (and I) is ready to go again. James was an outstanding pilot. Our take off and landing were as smooth as could be, much better than anticipated. James was very informative and has a great sense of humor. The gondola and equipment were in pristine condition. The sunset was terrific. All in all it was a great experience and I would highly recommend the sunset excursion with the Sky's the Limit. Marion Wilson

There are newer reviews for Sky's the Limit Ballooning Adventures

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Sky's The Limit made is feel welcome, comfortable and excited about the trip all at the same time. It's not just the flight. It's the preparation, watching the crew launch the equipment, set up the balloon, fill it with air, and finally load us all in, all part of a greater experience. And after floating seemingly weightless, there comes the landing. Excitement cruising right over the rooftoops of a neighborhood, close enough I thought I could touch the tiles, and then a perfect landing in the field beyond. Much excitement - an experience of a different kind altogether.

I would go with Sky's The Limit again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Norbert296
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Took our ride on August 8th and I decided to wait until my wife quit bouncing around and shoutiing...I want to go again.
Trip was fabalous from signing on with Rene until we were in the chase van with Josh and Mile...reaLLY great folks...Our Captain was James and he has been doing these flights for 17 years and still shows that he is on a high as he allows us all to soar from the sea to the foot hills. I had done this flight over 20 years ago and I was amazed at how our civilization had built homes from the sea to the hills...Gotta take this ride before there are no landing spots left.
James was a hoot as he told story after story...I was most amazed as he extended his face into the wind...tasting it and feeling the wind currents..much like an old time sea captain.
This is a must trip and you cant get any better than "Sky's the Limit Ballooning...
Just wonderful folks.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a fantastic and memorable experience.. The pilot and crew were excellent. Felt like we were floating on air... We will definitely do this again..

Reviewed July 19, 2011

If you're up for a unique and magical adventure, than this experience is perfect for you. My boyfriend gifted me a Sky's the Limit Ballooning Adventure for my birthday, and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever! Everything about the balloon ride was great. We received a call from the staff prior to our trip to make sure we had all directions, and our captain was both an experienced and well-known pilot, and we all felt very comfortable in his care. The ride began with a champagne toast overlooking a rolling hillside of Southern California where our balloon was to launch. The ride itself was magical—like something out of a movie. There was a peaceful and exciting energy as we glided across the Southern California skies at sunset, while taking in the scenic vistas of the pacific and the colorful landscape and unique residential and corporate architecture of the areas below. I highly recommend a balloon ride with Sky's the Limit Ballooning Adventures as a way to celebrate just about anything. The staff at the Sky's the Limit Ballooning Adventures even sent my boyfriend and I T-shirts in the mail as a way to remember our experience! If you have some time and are looking for a romantic or exciting thrill, consider this as an option—you won't be sorry!