“Nice concept, execution so-so - too early to tell?”
Review of Windmill Food Hall

Windmill Food Hall
Ranked #272 of 418 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Read some local hype about this one so I checked it out for myself last Sunday around 10AM. Brazilian coffee shop was the only "stall" open. Not many people around. Coffee shop did not have their sugar stocked for customers and when I asked for it, all they had was white refined sugar & sugar substitutes. (Call me picky, but I like raw sugar with my coffee - most coffee shops have it and cinnamon, nutmeg, etc - they had none of it) Also, napkins weren't out. Seems like they aren't on their game here yet.

I expected more food vendors - there's only about a half dozen: Mexican, Thai, Grilled Cheese, Lobster roll, French Fry, Ice Cream (which is mis-signed as "Coffee and Dessert"). The grilled cheese place had a coconut curry tomato soup that I'd like to try. Other than that, nothing on these vendor menu items looked particularly interesting to me.

The indoor / outdoor bar looks fun and I did see a video on IG that it was full Saturday night...

This place has the makings of a fun, foodie hang out, but I'm not totally sold. I'll give it a couple months and check in again.

If you're nearby, I'd say stop in and check it out for yourself. Otherwise, I would not go out of your way for this one.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3)

Been to Windmill Food Hall? Share your experiences!