“Nice place to eat”

Village Kitchen and Pie Shoppe
Ranked #40 of 366 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Description: Combination full service restaurant and bakery. Northeast Corner of Tamarack and Pio Pico Drove, right beside entrance to I-5 northbound.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great atmosphere, good service, excellent home cooking! At both breakfast and dinner there and found the menu to be quite diverse and the offerings expertly prepared. Highly recommend

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Village Kitchen and Pie Shoppe reminded me of a small town cafe. The staff and cooks greeted many of the patrons by name when they walked in the door, not being a regular they were just as friendly to me as their regulars. When my menu arrived the cover stated "We refuse to participate in the recession" and I feel the prices were very affordable. The menu was full of breakfast fare, burgers, salads and homestyle dinners, something over everyone. The highlight of the meal was chocolate coconut cream pie from the Village Kitchen and Pie Shoppe's huge pie menu. The decor is early 80's and 90's with a few splashes of the new century- this only adds to the quaintness.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We try to avoid chain restaurants when we're on the road and this place reminds us why we do. The decor is straight out of the fifties (and not in an ironic way - I really think the floral drapes have never been altered). Most of the other customers were of the greyhaired variety - and as my husband says the older generation tends to know the value of a dollar.

Fast service, good kids menu, amazing homemade chicken pot pie. The pasta primavera came with huge pieces of fresh steamed vegetables. Top it off with a huge piece of homemade Snickers pie and you've got a winner dinner in our books. If we're ever in Carlsbad again we'll be back for more...

Reviewed March 14, 2012

great breakfast, slightly higher pricing but worth it for taste and portion size!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Turkey dinner with the fixings, homestyle slow cooked roast and mashed potatoes, or for lunch have 1/2 sandwich, soup and piece of pie. I'll go just to buy a pie to take home and definately order my pies here at Thanksgiving. Service is good too.