“Favorite for coffee”

Ranked #41 of 355 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a great location to stop for coffee in the morning. There is a nice selection of pastery as well. They have a limited selection of hot breakfast selections and sandwiches as well, but for me, it is the location and coffee. Just a nice feel. Dog friendly patio...

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We bought a Living Social Certificate and ended up at Cafe Elysa. It was awesome and we definitely will go back even though it is a 25 minute drive. My husband and I parked in front of the restaurant at breakfast, and then went for an hour walk around the surrounding areas. You can walk right across the street and head down to a beautiful white beach. There is not much seating inside so I would suggest going on a nice day. We sat outside on a beautiful patio and had a delicious meal. We tried 2 different omelets and shared both. We loved both, but liked his better because of the sausage in it. It came with a huge side of freshly cut fruit, all different kinds including blackberries and blueberries etc. The mocha they made me was delicious and the staff was very nice. When we first got there , there was no line at about 9am on a Saturday. When we got back an hour later, there were about 15 people in line in front of us, so that took about 20 minutes of wait in line. But it was so beautiful out, I didn't mind. The line was to order your food and pay, and then they bring it to you at your table. Loved it!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a great place for a generous healthy breakfast before or after a walk along the beach.
I had a huge ham & cheese omelet & fresh fruit plate & a cappuccino out on a patio table by the fire pit on a lovely Sunday AM. A bit of a wait to order inside this casual place but friendly good service. This was a relaxing visit time with a friend.
With it's variety of pastries & coffees it would probably be a good place to meet a friend anytime.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food is absolutely to come back for more and more and more! Totally yummy! And you get real good service from the staff. Best part is the owner is there to see that all your needs are met!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visit here frequently for coffee and sometimes a croissant (which are perfect here). I enjoy the Mexican Mocha which has a splash of cinnamon flavor. There's a great patio with firepits which is dog friendly and a mellow vibe. It can get extremely busy during tourist season as it is right across the street from the beach and boardwalk.