New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #38 of 326 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oceanside, California
“Relaxed Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our first time to this great restaurant. We were greeted and seated rather quickly. We went in before the dinner crowd, which made it very easy to get seated. The menu had something for everyone in our family. The calzone and chicken fettuccini were great. Our server was very informed on the menu items and suggested the parmesan crusted chicken. It was a great suggestion. The pizookies were awesome! You can't go wrong in any of the choices for dessert. They're are all tasty! Including the baked Beignet.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Carlsbad, California
“Busy, Fun Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

BJ's is a noisy, fun place for nearly everyone. The tables and booths are comfortable and the menu is extensive. We were there on a Monday night and it was still crowded. Our server was courteous and friendly and took our order right away. It did seem like it took quite a while for the food to arrive, but when it did the presentation was good and the portions very generous. They have several large-screen TVs around the room and the fun crowd is noisy, but not objectionably so. We both enjoyed our meals (Mahi-Mahi Tacos and a Seared Ahi Salad). They also feature burgers, steaks and seafood entrees along with almost anything else you can think of. All in all a fun place to visit.

• Visited February 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Same good BJ's food but only so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited this BJ's today. We were between the lunch and dinner crowd. Host seated us in a reasonable time but we had an inordinate wait before we were even approached for our drink order. Once our server came to the table, we placed our beverage and food order at the same time. There also seemed to be a longer than usual (at other BJ's) for our food, especially since it was soup and salad. When it was delivered, there was a soup missing. Normally, a server would say "I'll be right back with your other soup." But for some reason, this person started to walk away. She seemed suprised I asked about the missing soup. The clam chowder was excellent as usual. I felt the Caesar salad was slightly overdressed, but that could be my taste compared to the preferences of the locals.

Once I returned home, I noticed that I had not been credited on my BJ's Brewhouse Premier Rewards account, despite the fact that I had given the number to our server. I was able, thru my Key Ring app to contact the reward program and the readily corrected the omission.

Each of these items individually were missteps that could be easily overlooked. However, in aggregate, they do add up and are of some concern. They were not upsetting enough to keep me from giving them another try. Hopefully, we were just there on a bad day and they normally are as efficient as every other BJ's I have ever visited.

Oslo, Norway
“Extensive menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love to go here with the kids, something on the menu no matter what you're craving (almost). Seriously, I was impressed with their selection. Always tastes great. There can be a bit of a wait, and as a consequence of that, once you've finished your meal, well, you get the feeling you have to leave... Depends on the server, I guess.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
San Diego, CA
“Good Food, Great Beer, Excellent Atmostphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Grabbed dinner and beers with the guys here about two weeks ago - never been before. Great location just off the I-5 and Palomar Airport Road. Waitress service was fast and friendly, beers were micro-brewed and ice-cold, and the menu was excellent (so was the pizza) - best part of all - enough people to feel fun but not overcrowded (like some places we also go). Check it out! Great place to hang while the significant other browses at the "outlet" mall across the street.

• Visited January 2013