“Good Food, Great Beer, Excellent Atmostphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #28 of 333 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, CA
“Good Food, Great Beer, Excellent Atmostphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Grabbed dinner and beers with the guys here about two weeks ago - never been before. Great location just off the I-5 and Palomar Airport Road. Waitress service was fast and friendly, beers were micro-brewed and ice-cold, and the menu was excellent (so was the pizza) - best part of all - enough people to feel fun but not overcrowded (like some places we also go). Check it out! Great place to hang while the significant other browses at the "outlet" mall across the street.

• Visited January 2013

Upland, ca
“Nice large menu choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a bar restaurant but good food and fast service. The salad choices are good, if you like burger and fries this is a good place to come, it is right across the street from Legoland.

Visited January 2013
Waunakee
“Great Meal and Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Visited this restaurant with 6 colleagues this week. Nice atmosphere with comfortable seating. I agree with other reviewers that it can be noisy as there is ample beer flowing and people get a bit boisterous. Regardless, my meal was excellent - Creole Tilapia and a side of the Tortilla soup. The soup was one of the best Tortilla versions I've had, and the fish was nicely prepared. Our waiter was absolutely wonderful, even letting our coworker use his phone as a light for the menu as she felt she couldn't see well enough. This waiter is on his way to manage a pizza place in Monterey...sad for BJ's. My coworkers very much enjoyed the variety of beer they tried, and the wine list was excellent. One last note - they indicate the calories per dish right on the menu. I really appreciate having that detail....I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Carlsbad!

• Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Great for casual food - lively place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a bustling restaurant, if that doesn't turn you off. It's always busy and holds a LOT of people, very high ceilings and it CAN be noisy. But, I like the large menu with a LOT of choices. I often will call ahead (they don't take rezzies except for large parties) and they will put me on a list ahead of walk-ins. That's nice. I've had mostly chicken dishes, which have been xln't for the most part. I like the parmesean (???) cheese chicken breast plate and most recently I had the southern-fried chicken breast lunch plate which I liked a lot. (I always request the chicken not to be over-cooked since once the crust was too brown and over-done.) A lunch companion had the unltd. soup and salad lunch and I thought it also was an xln't choice and a true bargain: something like $7 or so. I tasted two of her salads and two of her soups and they were terrific - especially the tomato bisque. You wouldn't come here for a "fancy" dinner but for everything else. They have a busy bar and sports broadcasts on multiple TVs high up so as not to intrude (since the conversations are so loud anyway, you wouldn't hear the audio of the TVs). I like it. It's consistent and reliable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our pizza was not very good. We ordered a deep dish and a thin crust margharita pizza. Both were cold. The waiter returned them to the kitchen and brough back two new pizza's....it seemed, to two people in our party who used to frequent BJ's at least once a week...that the quality of the deep dish was not as good.
The establishment recognized we were not happy and did not charge us for the pizza's. Nice atmosphere...friendly waitstaff...good beer selection.

Visited November 2012