“Great food and outdoor seating”
Review of Pollos Maria

Pollos Maria
Ranked #62 of 358 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place is great. Parking has never been an issue. Just park on the street right in front. Outdoor seating is spacious with firepits. Indoor seating is a little stuffy so I recommend sitting outside. They even have a little picnic table for the kiddos.

I like their shrimp burritos. My BF liked the carne asada burrito - which is rare because he's a Mexican food snob. Service was friendly and attentive.

We live nearby so we'll definitely go back.

1  Thank lindagn1

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved Pollos Maria. We happened upon this after fighting our way up from the touristy spots. We saw it, and figured we'd try it. What a great little hidden gem. This was some of the best food, not only Mexican, but food I had in a while. This place should be packed but it wasn't. Maybe it was the simplicity of the food, but it was very good. I'd come out of my way to go here next time I'm in town.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good food, simple, well-priced. Hard to find in this tourist trap town filled with OVERPRICED and nasty food. Good simple roasted chicken, salsas and cold beers. Such a relief to find this place after all the horrible overpriced restaurants we ate at on vacation in Carlsbad. We ate here twice in a row.

2  Thank alicewinter11
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Growing up in Carlsbad we had Pollos Maria nearly once a week and although it has grown a lot in the last 15-16 years it never disappoints! Every time I'm back in town I have to grab a bite from here. This last visit I was able to show my wife (a Floridian) what real Mexican cooking is about--she loved it! I always get the 3 piece chicken combo; I like to make my own tacos. I have tried a little of everything and there is nothing I wouldn't recommend. Just thinking of it now makes me hungry--and homesick.

I have great memories of eating out front around the fire pits any time of the year.

2  Thank JetsetterFL
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Ok place, it just doesn't give me a reason to go back. The are way too any p,aces to ear verge food, this is one of them.