“Top Notch atmosphere and Food! We had excellent service!”
Review of Casa de Bandini

Casa de Bandini
Ranked #5 of 341 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Indulge in authentic award-winning Mexican cuisine amidst lavish dining rooms and an enchanting outdoor patio at Casa de Bandini, located at The Forum in Carlsbad.
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Top Notch atmosphere and Food! We had excellent service!”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

After reading the reviews here, we headed out for dinner. We ended up having a great evening, excellent food and Margaritas that were top notch. Beware for the large one! I had 2! The drinks were priced very reasonable. The Guacamole was fantastic! The restaurant was beautiful. The lights over top of the bar looked really cool. Outside waiting area very relaxing and would make time slip by. We didn't have to wait. The strolling Mariachi Band was nice and not so loud that you couldn't talk. Al walks of people were having a nice time. Go. Enjoy!!

MInneapolis
“Good food, great ambience”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

We were in the area staying at the Four Seasons and was wanting mexican; Casa de Bandini was recommended to us by the concierge. What a great find! Food was good, better than the usual mexican fare, drinks and portions were large. Really good chips and salsa, a good indicator of the good food to come.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere, kind of kitchy, but in a fun way. Enjoyed the roving band of minstrels playing mexican standards. All in all an enjoyable evening, would definitely go back.

San Diego, CA
“It is back!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

In June of 2009 Casa de Bandini opened again in North County, Carlsbad. I was hesitant at first because I had been to the restaurant that had previously been in this location, that wasn't very good, but I was pleasantly surprised to have my old Casa de Bandini again!! The atmosphere is fantastic, the food was excellent (all the same good items that they had when they were in Old Town) and the only thing slightly lacking was the service, but I think we had a waiter that normally works the bar/drink area only. We ate indoors, but they have done a fantastic job at taking the atmosphere out of doors too.

San Diego, CA
“I'm soooo glad it's back!”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I LOVED Casa de Bandini when it was in Old Town San Diego so I am thrilled that it is now just down the street from my house. They say the menu hasn't changed but the prep seems to be a bit different from what I remember. Still great though! I always used to get the Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo and never had it anyplace better. The flavor is still the best but I don't remember having to peel the shrimp before. I could be wrong though. The margaritas are still GREAT, the atmosphere is colorful, and the staff is friendly. Can't wait to go back.

San Diego, California
“Measures up to and exceeds the old location!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

When I first saw where the new Casa de Bandini was going to be--the end of a stylish strip mall--I thought there was no way it could recreate the ambiance it had in Olde Town. I was wrong! As soon as you walk in, you see an incredible attention to detail in the decor and the vibe is still what I sought before in Olde Town. The place is newer but retains the Olde Town charm, the place is cleaner, the staff and staff outfits are fresher, the patio has a nice outdoor feel, and the bar is a great spot to have a drink before dinner. The food is even better in my opinion and still very reasonably priced. Olde Town's charm has not been the same for me since this place closed there. Having Casa de Bandini back on the map makes it all better!