“Great ambience for family friendly mexican dinner”
Review of Casa de Bandini

Casa de Bandini
Ranked #6 of 355 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Indulge in authentic award-winning Mexican cuisine amidst lavish dining rooms and an enchanting outdoor patio at Casa de Bandini, located at The Forum in Carlsbad.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We sat on the patio at this restaurant for dinner while staying nearby at La Costa resort. The Mariachi band was fabulous; the margaritas tasty and the food was excellent. It is pretty typical Mexican like you'd find in Old Town, without the crowd and drive. I ordered off their summer special menu and had a wonderful enchilada with fresh vegetables and avocado. We called ahead an hour before we were going to arrive and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for a table.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Sometimes nothing but Mexican food will do! I was in one of those moods the other day but had a difficult time making a choice where to dine. After all, there is a wide spectrum of flavors and combinations offered at various Mexican restaurants. Sometimes one wants a particular item, which is prepared in a certain way at their favorite restaurant. Ordering it somewhere else might produce questionable results. Other times street tacos will do just fine.

On this day, neither choice would do. I wanted something lighter for lunch, but did not want to salad. This ordinarily might preclude a visit to a Mexican restaurant. At the suggestion of my friend. We went to Casa de Bandini in Carlsbad, California. The venue is quite attractive and the staff is exceptional. I felt I was once again in my favorite Mexican colony. When our waitress, Violeta, arrived to take our order, I told her I would like chile’s rellenos, but without the breading. She said she would check with the chef to see if that was possible. Within minutes the chef arrived at my table and said “No problema, Señor”. A few minutes later my order arrived exactly as described.

I am always impressed when it restaurant will go the extra measure to satisfy its customer. In this day and age, it seems this level of service is rare, and instead the diners are notified with a “no substitutions” attitude. At Casa de Bandini the food and service were both exceptional and I look forward to my return.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant and we would certainly go back.Excellent food and service. Realy good value for money.The chicken burrito with mango salsa was delicious!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've eaten here several times, and we've been consistently satisfied. The attractions are dining al fresco on the patio, pretty good food, kid friendly, so-so service that is ok for a non gourmet, informal, inexpensive place. But let's be realistic about what this restaurant is, which is a typical Mexican restaurant, with typical standard Mexican restaurant fare, that is probably a bit better than other typical Mexican restaurants. In other words, the food is NOT creative, innovative or imaginative. So, if you're ok with what the above, then this place is a good choice.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We had great customer service and the restaurant was so nice and clean. The food was amazing we first ordered the muchos Taquitos platter and they were unbelievable. My husband ordered the carnitas platter and I ordered the enchiladas suizas and both platters were delicious. We would not hesitate to return to this restaurant it's so worth it.