“Mexican food that is different & fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de Bandini

Casa de Bandini
Ranked #8 of 335 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indulge in authentic award-winning Mexican cuisine amidst lavish dining rooms and an enchanting outdoor patio at Casa de Bandini, located at The Forum in Carlsbad.
carlsbad
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican food that is different & fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

salsa is addicting! Authentic food, good service. Have been back many times. If you like happy hours, this one is great.

Visited April 2013

Modesto, California
“Food was great but very loud atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our night visiting friends in Carlsbad and really enjoyed the restaurant except we had to yell at each other to be heard. (We had a party of 8). Very generous portins on the food. The only issues we had were the waitress brought me the wrong order. Problably because she could not hear me when I ordered. Also, I thought it was very rude to bring the lady in our party who was celebrating her birhtday a Birthday Flan with a candle and sing Happy Birthday and then charge us for the Flan! We did not order it, she jsut brought it to say happy birthday but to be charged for it is very tacky! I took the $6 off of her tip!

• Visited April 2013
World Traveler
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

It is a big restaurant and has a good, busy atmosphere. Service was ok - somewhat rushed. The Mariachis add a nice touch and fun. The food is ok - certainly not authentic 100% Mexican.
A good option for a fund evening.

• Visited March 2013
Fountain Valley, California
“Great mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved this restaurant when it was located in Old Towne San Diego and were thrilled to discover it's relocated to Carlsbad. Everyone at my table loved their food, and the margaritas got rave reviews. I enjoy dining on the patio. There is mariachi music in the evenings which adds to the ambiance.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great patio, awesome mariachis and....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

ok margaritas. I am from Texas, grew up in El Paso, lived in San Antonio and now live in Irving/Dallas. I know my MEX food and this is slightly off. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it, but they cater to the family crowd. I'm used to tasty chips with spicy salsa....their chips were a bit stale and the salsa was mostly tomato. The guacamole was terrible which is surprising given this is the San Diego area and avocados are readily available. The margarita was bland and I'm not sure how they make their tortillas, but these were flat and transparent. They rage about their fish tacos, but these lacked any flavor. I ordered a side of mole sauce and that was really good, maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Not bueno in my opinion and price is way to high for the quality of the food.

I would come back for the patio and mariachis, but not so much for the food. I give Bandini...

YUM YUM YUM out of 5 YUMS

Did I mention the patio and mariachis were awesome?!

• Visited March 2013