“Good breakfast and healthy if you want”
Review of The Grand Deli - CLOSED

The Grand Deli
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located on the beautiful corner of Grand Avenue and Roosevelt Street in the downtown Village of Carlsbad. Outdoor seating for forty. Large group, Family, Pet, Cyclist Friendly.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had breakfast 3 times during a week of vacation in Carlsbad. The bagels were very good and they had a good variety of toppings. We (my wife and I) also had large glasses of skim milk that helped keep things healthy. Both the pancakes and French toast were also very good.

Service was especially comfortable. Everyone was focused on their jobs and being helpful while also being very friendly. I'd definitely go back for breakfast if I happen to be back in Carlsbad.

One piece of advice for them - you should deliver the milk to a customer's table rather than have a pick-up system.

Michael D, Owner at The Grand Deli, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello Steve ABQ,

Thank you for taking the time to post the great review of The Grand Deli. You're right, my staff should have delivered your milk to the table! My team reads all guest reviews. Thank you for dining with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I drove down to Carlsbad to meet my son for lunch. We passed by this deli and it was crowded at 1:30 for lunch. We found a spot to park very easily in the lot across the street. The lunch special was $6.95 which included a sandwich of your choice with one meat, a drink and chips. My son had a combo sandwich which they feature but his drink was extra. The food was fresh, prepared quickly and the establishment was clean. Next time I am down there I will pick up a sandwich before heading to the beach.

1  Thank msilverbeemer
Michael D, Owner at The Grand Deli, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hello msilverbeemer,

Thank you for taking the time to post the nice review of The Grand Deli. We look forward to your next visit!

Mike (owner)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Okay, I admit it. I'm a little strange. I am a bit of a hashbrowns connoisseur. I'm willing to go out of my way for great hashbrowns. I just had a Sunday brunch at the Grand Deli and the hashbrowns there were FANTASTIC! They were crunchy on the outside, tender in the middle --- the perfect accompaniment to a great breakfast.

The other reviews of this cafe were spot on; it isn't fancy but the price is right and the staff friendly and helpful. I highly recommend you visit it.

(And, if you can, try the hashbrowns! ;) Hope this review is helpful.

2  Thank Christopher D
Michael D, Owner at The Grand Deli, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Christopher D.,

Thank you for posting the wonderful review of The Grand Deli! We serve our hashed browns til noon Mon.-Friday, and 1pm on weekends. Thank you for making us one of your stops!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Loved the sandwiches, salad, soups awesome. It does get crowded at lunch so you might have a wait. Well worth it.

Michael D, Owner at The Grand Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear stubbs69,

Thank you for taking the time to post the nice review of The Grand Deli!

Michael Downs (owner)

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Having checked this place in Yelp before going to Carlsbad we thought we should try this place.

We were not disappointed.

The Grand Turkey sub was delish!

Check it out!

Michael D, Owner at The Grand Deli, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hello glstlucia!

Thank you for taking the time to post the kind review! Should you dine with us again, try "The Manhattan", another favorite.