MarBrisa Carlsbad Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$165
$309
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
Hotels.com
$149
$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
$175
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$176
$150
  • Restaurant
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$296
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$479
Official Site
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$499
Official Website
All reviewsmar brisahilton grand vacationshgvc ownerslego landsan diegopool areaprivate entrancebedroom unittime shareping pongfull kitchenwasher and dryereasy accessfire pitfamily vacationgolf coursela jolla
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Wow! Though the resort is in the developement stages, the locatation, amenites and staff rank as "top knotch" in our book!

The resort had some great daily activites for our 10 year old daughter, even posted on their website marbrisa resort.com, so we could plan ahead. The units are very well appointed and offered everything we needed to prepare our own meals. We were in a 1 bedroom. The master bathroom had a very large soaking tub my wife thoroughly enjoyed.

We have not met a more attentive staff. They seemed to know what we needed before we even knew and definatley exceeded our expectations.

We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Paradise04Oceanside
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My girlfriend and i really enjoyed the accommodations ,the pool and spa where wonderful .Being able to see the pacific ocean from the pool was great.The Restaurant was delightfull and the food top noch.
I will be telling all my friends and family to definitely make this one of there stoping points while out here in San Diego

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank captianmorgan
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Grand Pacific Marbrisa in Carlsbad, CA. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo - BEAUTIFUL - equipped with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms with King size beds and the third room had two single beds. The fridge even had an ice machine. I took pictures right as we came in, before the rest of the crew spewed all their things about.

We were right off the pool and hot tub. The pool had a bin serving free cold bottled water, which I thought was very cool. The gym was right off the pool as well.

One night we heard a noise outside and went to the balcony and saw the firework show from Legoland. Everyone was on their balconies enjoying the show and the resort felt like one community for a moment.

The Twenty/20 restaurant is very good, but also very expensive. They do have a good happy hour though.

The only negative is that this resort is not beach front property, it is a couple of miles - so you need to rent a car. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptainLita
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Like the other reviewer, it was very difficult to find any reviews of this resort and the ones I did find were mislabeled with incorrect pictures showing the other Marbrisa resort called Palisades. It is very hard to get a reservation at this resort because rooms are limited right now until the other buildings are built and HGVC, RCI, or Marbrisa Owner reservations will fill them up. So, I am writing this for the other club owners out there who just want to know what rumors to believe.

Let me start by saying this resort met and in some cases exceeded my expectations! We have a family of four with two very young children. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 9 nights. We are able to check-in easily, however, I will say this resort does not have a formal lobby/check-in building, so follow the signs closely. We had made a few extra requests for a high chair and pak n' play (would have been nicer if they had a crib), which were fulfilled promptly, with a smile, and they gave us lots of extra sheets to make the pak n' play more comfortable.

The resort is in a great location! It is next to a very nice Sheraton, where we saw luxery cars rolling in and out of the parking lots. Across the street is a nice golf course, if I didn't have little kids I probably would have went to the club house to have a few drinks. It is very close to a Costco, which you can use for groceries and gas. 5 minutes to the beach. Walking distance to Legoland...the private entrance is actually really nice to use. 5 minutes to a Vans/Safeway grocery store. 3 minutes to outlet shopping. Very close to freeways, hard to get lost.

The resort is pretty new, so the rooms and buildings are in great shape. The rooms were pretty spacious. Nice large screen tv's, full kitchen, nice bathroom (don't believe some reviews that state they have soap dispensers in the shower...this is Hilton affiliated). The room was what I expected and saw at other HGVC resorts. Only thing that would have made the room better for me was the Washer/Dryer in the room, however, I can't complain too much because the shared facilitiy was next to our room. Nobody likes to wait for clothes to finish on vacation, but everyone wants the ability to pack lite, so resort planners take notice.

The grounds were nice, but left a little to the imagination. We were in a new building, which did not have grass in yet, it was hard to see if they were going to change that. If you get a choice I would stay in the upper buildings near the pool. There is not a good walk way from the lower buildings to the upper pool and activity center. The pool was large enough to facilitate all of the guests at the resort. The staff was very friendly, easy to talk to, and most of the time left out tubs filled with bottled water for the guests. If you want a perfect view of the beach, this is not the resort for you, the beach is at least 3 miles out. However, you can see the water from the pool area and the pool area did seem like a small oasis.

If you are debating on Carlsbad or not, I will tell you that if this resort had a childs pool (maybe zero entry pool) I would probably not travel to Florida from April - Sept. and instead go to Carlsbad. After that, the weather is better in Florida. Carlsbad had a great old town downtown area with great boardwalks, shopping, ice cream shops. There were unique beaches with breathetaking views of sunsets. Oceanside is a great beach to the North and Encinedas has a lot to offer. San Diego was only 20 minutes away for other attractions and offered cheaper flights.

I saw lots of families and friendly guests at the resort. Also saw a few business travelers, perhaps on a quick leave. Would be a great resort for a couple, family, or business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank MentalBreak
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed at the Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort in Carlsbad for spring break this year and had a wonderful time. We are a family of 5 with children being 17, 14 and 10.

I could not find ANYTHING on trip advisor about the MarBrisa Resort before we went and was slightly concerned. Everything that I read was related to the Palisades Resort which is down the hill from the MarBrisa. The MarBrisa is only 1 year old, had 3 completed buildings and the 4th is under construction. I say this because the concrete slab has been poured and it was fenced off, however there was absolutely no work being done when we were there. Economy maybe?

The resort itself was not hard to find at all. It is literally up the hill from the Grand Palisades and next to the Sheraton. Legoland is directly below the resort and the resort has their own walkway to the park.

II booked our stay through HGVC, as we are timeshare owners, and was thrilled to find out that I was able to change my 2 bedroom condo to a 3 bedroom condo about 3 months before our trip. Now we had PLENTY of room.

Upon arrival, once I found the office, we were greeted by a very friendly staff and had no problems what-so-ever. We walked over to our 3 bedroom condo that was right next to the pool and skipped through the place. It was beautiful!! Granite counters, gorgeous cherry dining room table that seated 10-12 people, beautiful comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms (Neutrogena products and hairdryer). Beds are very important to my hubby and me when we travel - they were so comfortable that you didn't want to get out of them. Similar to a Heavenly Bed you would find at the Westin or Ritz - very cozy. There were flat screen TV's in all the bedrooms and the living room. There is an ironing board with iron in the closet. There is a pantry closet in the kitchen and another closet in the hallway. Fully stocked kitchen with everything you could possibly need! A patio right outside the living room that had a table and chairs for sitting out in the evenings and our view was of the golf course across the street.

The buildings are 3 levels and there are NO elevators. Laundry is on the top floor and we stayed on the bottom floor. I would not have been very happy if we were staying on the top floor because we would have had to drag our luggage up the stairs - the only drawback to the place. The pool was literally right outside our door and was very big compared to other places. If you stand anywhere on the pool deck and look out into the horizon, you do have a nice view of the ocean. Some days it was clear and pretty as could be and then there were other days that it was cloudy and you couldn't get the true effect of the "oceanview". There were plenty of chaise lounge chairs, tables as well as umbrellas throughout the pool area. They have a Jacuzzi and a children’s splash area with the mushroom that pours water on the children's heads. One thing that I thought was great and I haven't seen at other resorts was they filled up large planters, wrapped them in striped towels and filled them with ice and bottled water for the guests throughout the pool deck area - a very nice touch.

The resort had daily activities for the kids, root beer floats, free slushies, sundae's, a type of build-a-bear workshop and many other activities. They will provide you with a calendar for the week showing all the activities each day. Some of the activities will cost you - like the build-a-bear but the kids had a really good time. Especially the free slushies.

There is no restaurant on site but there is a very nice restaurant/grill that is directly between the Sheraton and the MarBrisa. In fact, I think it's connected to the Sheraton. We didn't go there because we were out and about so much and then cooked several nights. There are 2 gas grills on the property for your use as well as a ping pong table.

We did go to the timeshare presentation at the Grand Palisades and were tempted to purchase but did not. The push they present is that this is the LAST timeshare property that will be built in CA that is oceanview. Apparently CA is no longer allowed to build any more timeshare properties. Whatever. We told them no, several times, and that was the end of it. Now, I must say that we seriously milled it over the next few days that we were there because it was VERY tempting. The place is really beautiful but I just wonder if it is going to be completed any time soon given the economy. It would be a very nice place to own if you are looking. The entire presentation/pitch lasted about 3 hours. It wasn't bad and we got tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm for it!!!

There is a fitness center there although we didn't use it and it has about 5 pieces of equipment in there with a TV. You can go in the front office/lobby and use the computer, free of charge. I actually went in there several times trying to change our flights so we could stay longer we enjoyed it so much! If you are looking for a Hot Spot, this is not it. It’s very very quiet, it’s out of the way and there’s nothing going on at night. It’s great for relaxation or romance. It’s very easy to find, close to the main roads and toll way/expressway. The grocery store we went to is a 5 minute drive from the resort and the flowers in front of the Grand Palisades are BEAUTIFUL!!!

That's about it. If there are any questions that I could answer for anyone, I'm more than happy to help!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family