As owners of 2 Starwood Resorts, my husband and I have always been interested in learning more about being owners of HGVC Resorts. We just spent 3 days/2nights for a "deal" but we had to attend a sales presentation. The sales guy was very friendly and nice, but he bragged quite a bit and was a little obnoxious. He spent SO much time in the beginning doing useless chit chat with my husband (who partly encouraged it) and after 2 hours, when we said we had to think about such a huge purchase, he said it had to be either a yes or no. So we said "no" and he shook our hands immediately and literally "pushed" us out to the next lady who then tried to sell us something else. It was fine with me, but nevertheless - rude.
Note: Our Marbrisa Resort review is based on our experience with the other Resorts we have vacationed at (primarily Starwood and Marriott Resorts).
1. Concierge was quick and efficient.
2. Nice location, beautiful facility.
3. Nice looking rooms with a beautiful view of the pool and partial view of ocean.
4. Easy access to Legoland.
5. Clean resort, nice new pool chairs.
6. Love the hammocks!
7. Elevators to 2nd and 3rd floor.
1. Could not give us a refund for the second room we didn't need.
2. There were pieces of blue tape all over the kitchen, bathroom and dining area.
3. There were dried cement on kitchen tile, sticky tape marks all over entry and bathroom and kitchen floor was not clean.
4. After taking a shower, you will continue to hear an echoing drip sound coming from the shower drain for the next 5-15 mins? That was rather annoying.
5.. The gate entrance to the pool was always flooded due to poor drainage or design flaw. That was dreadful.
6. No pool service?
7. No fireplace in unit - no biggie, but nice to have.
8. No washer/dryer in unit.
9. No towel ring for the 2nd sink (no big deal, but strange I had to walk over to my husband's sink to dry my hands).
10. No patio chairs to sit or hang wet bathing suits (since no dryer...) railing was very dusty.
11. No fan in the bedroom. Either too hot at night, or have the cold air blasting in your face. If open the door on balcony, you can hear people chatting and laughing by the pool even past midnight.
11. Living room sofa is too firm, not comfy. Pretty though.
12. Not enough Kitchen counter space.
13. No wine opener. Had to make 2 requests (waited almost an hour) to get one. Then the very nice/helpful lady who finally showed up kept calling me a "sweetie" at least 6-7 times. Maybe Marbrisa/or Hilton should train their employees not to call owners or possible owners of the Resort "Sweetie". I know she was being nice, but seriously....I am not a child. It was a little demeaning.
14. Soundproofing needs improving.
15. Aside for the hammocks, my 3 kids (3-9yrs) were pretty bored there.
16. I'm spoiled, but no down pillows :-(
Honestly, the overall stay was not terrible. It was comfortable for 3 days as the resort was pretty empty. I hope the developers for Marbrisa/Hilton will consider making some changes on the new units based on this review. Several owners in the hot tub we met all agreed that this facility doesn't meet up to the quality you would expect with a Hilton built, a Marriott or a Westin resort quality. This place sort of have a higher end motel feel to it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your MarBrisa Carlsbad Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Marbrisa Hotel Carlsbad