“Wake's up!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Wake's up!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After a day with my 5 year old at Legoland, I wanted to have some fun of my own and sent an email asking if they offer wakesurfing. Where I'm from, most speedboat ops cater to wakeboarders and don't have the equipment or boat technique for wakesurfers. I got a quick reply from Josh that they had Nautique, Master Craft and other quality boats as well as wakesurf and wakeboard equipment, so my husband and I decided go and brought our teenage son along.

Not only did they have a couple of nice wakesurf boards to try out, but they also a high quality boat which happened to throw a great wake for goofy riders like me. JP was a great captain and experienced wakesurfer. My wakeboarder son tried wakesurfing for the first time and got up on his second try. Their wakeboard equipment was practically brand new.

It was a busy Sunday afternoon so the conditions were sometimes choppy due to the other boats around. I would go either early or late in the day next time for a smoother ride. The water was around 70 degrees which is cold for Hong Kongers, but they loaned us some wetsuit tops to stay warm.

I am glad we went and I would recommend this place to people looking to wakesurf in the area. Bring towels and note there are no lockers.

Visited July 2013

Costa Mesa, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fun on the lagoon”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we used the layal and the paddleboards, other were jetskiing. Lots of fun, easy to paddle board because the water is very flat. Fairly inexpensive and good for kids

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Alberto R
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Yeeeaaaaahhhhh Carlsbad Lagoon!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Yeaaahhhhh Carlsbad lagoon!!! its January and i had a blast on the weekend riding on some knarly wave runners in the beautiful sunshine!! Idk if you have checked this so cal gem out but its the coolest place around. Open beach to hang with my family, get the kids out on some stand-ups, then take them for a ride on some yamaha waverunners. Really awsome customer service too. Just be prepared when you go, if you have any kids, for the debate on whether you shoul rent a canoe, kayak, stand up paddle board, the big water bike, or whatever else they might want to try. loved it, and the family loved it!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Kelly T
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Must Visit!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

This place is awesome!!! I went there with my girlfriends and we had a blast! I tried Stand Up Paddle boarding for the first time. They gave me a quick lesson on the beach then away I went. The board was very stable and I never even fell in. My other friends rented a waverunner and it was the most fun they said they have had in years. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back soon.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank CaityMom
Cedar City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Time!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I just went to California Watersports last weekend with my family and we had a great time. I rode the waverunners with my two kids while my wife and her sister took my niece kayaking. Even my mother in law enjoyed herself lounging in a beach chair on their beach.(She never has fun) We could have spent the whole weekend there. They were easy to get to, their facilities were very nice and the staff was super friendly. I would highly recommend California Watersports to everyone.

1 Thank Doc_Clement_10