“Lightening Quick Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I ate lunch here solo, while my boyfriend was in a work meeting.

I've eaten at many Ruby's locations, but I have never had my order come out so quickly. I had the aloha burger with chicken and it was out within five minutes of my having ordered. Even the server was shocked.

The food was good, consistent with other Ruby's locations. The server was very friendly and attentive. They were busy in the restaurant, but I was seated, served and finished super quick.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and pictures of our San Diego trip.

1  Thank Karen H

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was great, lots of options (including some Mexican flavored specialties) and old school feel was nice. Booths were roomy, with plenty of space for family of 5. Beignets are a must!!!

1  Thank JBarki
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great value for money and tasty food and good reliable service with a smile. Great location at the Premium Outlets and also around the corner from LegoLand. Large serves and we found quite tasty.

1  Thank roko_me
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Good food, you never leave hungry, that's for sure. Love the chocolate shake, and that you get a bit more than what fits in your glass. :) Lunch or dinner, don't matter, if you want large and tasty burgers, this is the place to go! Nice with the train roaming the ceiling! :)

And once you're done (or before you go there), shopping galore at the Outlet.

1  Thank TravellingMr
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was staying down the road from the Carlsbad Outlets and decided to stop in to Ruby's for some burgers. The diner is within the outlet strip mall but is still decorated in Ruby's 50's style, complete with a model train running up above the diner's heads.

I ordered an aloha burger, my wife ordered a turkey sandwich. The food was okay. Nothing terrible, nothing spectacular. Prices were what I would consider the norm. The place was moderately busy but our service was fast and the waitress came back often to refill drinks and check on us. The milkshakes were great, and came with the mixing cup so you get a good amount of milkshake with each order. We tried peanut butter cup and strawberry. (We later went to the Ruby's in Oceanside and also tried the Black Forest. All were good, but we both felt the strawberry was easily our favorite.)

Overall, this was a pretty good diner experience. After eating breakfast at the other Ruby's, I will say that I think the food quality for their breakfast is better than their dinner.

One tip: Join the Ruby's eclub before heading out. They send all sorts of promotional offers, with the first one being a free milkshake. Definitely worth the couple of minutes it takes to sign up.

2  Thank Stormins

Been to Ruby's Diner? Share your experiences!