“Great Place, highly recommend”

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed here with our 3 children, ages 3, 5 and 7. The staff was sooo helpful, the hotel was very clean and comfy and the little things made it special. The cookies, the buffet breakfast, the popsicles and stuffed animals for the kids and movie night on the lawn! We would love to visit again!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank thedawsongroup
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Reviewed June 27, 2009

I've never written a review before, but since I used all of the reviews on trip advisor to make my decision to stay with my family (kids age 10 and 7) at this hotel and we had a great time, thought I would write a few words. This was our first trip to San Diego area.

The hotel staff was great and really friendly. They run kid-friendly movies outside on the lawn on the weekends, and the kids really liked watching them.

Great breakfast in the morning.

VERY clean place. Despite being close to a busy road and a railroad track, you'd never know it. Pool and hot tube were clean and well maintained and were a nice, quiet oasis in the courtyard. Also enjoyed the evening firepit.

Local beaches are very short drive or a reasonable bike/walk.

If you are looking for great local pizza, try Knockout Pizza in Carlsbad village for NY style. Yummy!

Only about 25 minutes to San Diego attractions and about 1 hour from Disneyland. We were worried about traffic in and out of the big cities, but we had no problems going up and down I-5. If you've got younger kids, Legoland is right down the block.

A great and memorable vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2009

As a Hilton property, you know what to expect in terms of decor. But, what they don't tell you is how wonderful the service is at this property. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. The outdoor area is beautiful and so peaceful. The beach is across the street if you want to go for a walk or run. You are about 30 mintues given traffic from San Diego but that was no problem for us. The location was great as we were close to the downtown Carlsbad area which had nice restaurants. Very casual but still good. While we were there on business, we stayed longer to have some time to enjoy the area. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I travel 4 nights a week every week staying at only Hilton hotels for the last year or so. I have stayed in Hiltons all over North America and have stayed in all the family hotels in Manhattan, DC, Main, New Hampshire, Vermont, PA, etc etc. The Hilton Garden Inn was the absolute best ever! I don't say this lightly as I am not one to just hand out "kudos" but they deserve it. The hotel staff was the best, the rooms were very nice, the beds were comfortable (i am actually going to buy one of them) the food was great. I would change absolutely nothing!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This was our second visit to this hotel- 04/17/09 - 04/19/09. This was a combination of a business and leisure trip.The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable- love the adjustable beds, in a great location and was very clean. We used their shuttle to get to and from the Coaster station- Carlsbad/ Poinsettia. The drivers was friendly, helpful, and the wait time was very short to get the shuttle. The food for breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, a good variety, and priced reasonably for a breakfast buffet. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to visiting there again when I visit that area again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Stayed 16 days and enjoyed the hotel and the ocean view ,I enjoyed the breakfast omelets cooked to order every morningand fresh fruit.The staff great with directions and friendly.At first I was going to say Bob and Jessica were the best but every one at the front desk are the best.They make you feel like family and so welcome.The Ocean is right across the street and the weather is sunny and perfect every day.Housekeeping did a great job and the property is beautiful and very clean and it is a very safe area.I travel a lot and can not say that for a lot of locations.There are two happy hours 5-7 and another later at 9 with appetizers and drinks half price.There is not anything I didn't like .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Bridgetpianos
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We stayed here two nights with our two small children while visting Legoland (which I would recommend as well for children under ten). Clean property. Across the street from the beach, but no safe access from that point. Breakfast is good, but expensive for toddlers. Fresh fruit was great. Had dinner one night and it was very good. Far better than we would have expected at a hotel. Hot tub and pool were nice, and heated. Fireplace outside. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family