1,418 results
All reviews across the street great location beach access ocean view carlsbad beach outdoor fireplace very nice hotel parking fee front desk staff breakfast buffet easy access hotel restaurant business center san diego short drive shuttle service outlet mall
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel staff were very courteous and hotel was well maintained. My wife used shuttle service and found it to be very convienent. Breakfast seemed expensive for the quality of food. Hotel is right accross road from beach I enjoyed running along ocean. Hotel was clean and run well.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brad Z
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Carlsbad is a beautiful, pristine area and this hotel was a perfect option for our family for five nights. We chose this hotel based on great reviews and they are well-deserved. From the moment we arrived, the staff took excellent care to make sure we were comfortable. I had pulled a muscle in my back at Disney and they called up the spa at a nearby Hilton resort and helped me book a discounted massage, and then drove me over in the shuttle. The Hilton resort spa (on a different property) is wonderful, by the way.

The Hilton Garden Inn is just across the street from a gorgeous expanse of beach and you can watch the sun set every evening from your room or from the outside seating areas or bar/restaurant. The rooms are spacious and clean, but nothing fancy. The bathrooms are large enough and nothing seems old or outdated. We loved the pool and spa area complete with a large outdoor fireplace and seating area with plenty of room. There is a petanque set and a croquet set for people to play with, and a ping pong table. There were also yoga mats provided. The pool was warm enough to swim in even in coolish temps and the hot tub was great.

The breakfasts made to order were delicious and the wait staff was very friendly and responsive. The happy hour is nice and as always, we enjoy the cookies in the lobby in the evenings and late afternoons. We had dinner at the restaurant twice, and we loved the outdoor marble tables with a gas fire in the middle. We had fish tacos and calamari and the kids had a suitable children's menu. Everything was delicious, with the exception of a steak I ordered one night... the steak was not bad, it was just overcooked, which seems to happen everywhere. The wine and beer selection were decent.

In general, this hotel was a relaxing and pretty spot and perfect for a family with small children, or really children of any age. We don't like to do luxury properties with little kids, but this one makes you feel like there is nothing you lack and you can still kick back and be a little irreverent with your kids without getting stares. It was great. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I celebrated my 50th birthday with a little trip to the beach.
After a fun day, we returned to our room to find a very nice birthday cake and candles on the desk. How wonderful! Candace and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. We had a great ocean view room which made the stay all the better.
I look forward to our return visit. Perhaps my 51st b-day!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for Spring break in March of 2013.

The was the best hotel experience we've had and we travel a lot. To give you an idea we have two boys ages 4 and 6, we also had my 9 year old niece with us. My wife picked this hotel with our LegoLand package we booked it through the LegoLand website.

The hotel is beautiful, clean and fun! We ate breakfast each day (was included in the package we bought) at the hotel. It was a buffet (cook to order) style breakfast and the food was amazing! They would make Mickey Mouse pancakes for the kids.

Prices in the restaurant were a bit on the high end but well worth it with the quality, convenience and super friendly staff.

We also ate dinner there a couple times and it was also VERY good! Service is fast, even room service.

Our waiters Mike and Keith were AWESOME! They made everyone feel so important and welcomed. The kids were able to go and grab a snack or drink and the staff was very accommodating.

The managers Reggie and Americ were incredible. Kyle who I'm not sure if he was a manager or not (if not he should be) made us feel extremely important.

Room service was fast and anytime we needed something it was no more than a few minutes before someone arrived.

We will def be staying here again and would def recommend to any family looking for a fun and nice place to stay in the Carlsbad area.

Great pool (salt water) which the kids loved, a really nice whirlpool abs sitting area around the pool area. They also had a really nice outside area with a fire pit, ping pong tables, games and more. Enough to entertain the kids all day. We spent a whole day just hanging out at the pool.

Owe and did I mention the beach is RIGHT across the street?!

2  Thank Austin8176
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for the beach and for Lego land! The hotel property was beautiful, lots of trees and flowers and green grass. Pool area and hot tub were clean and well maintained. The restaurant had a good menu but could have used one more waiter. Our waiter did a great job. I wish I would have known about the fire pit tables, we would have eaten outside. Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and worked hard to help us with everything we asked them for. Over all it was a very nice hotel that I hope to come back to one day!

Room tip: Top floor rooms are quiter.