“First Stay here”

Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 25, 2012

On business trips to Camp Pendleton, we usually stay in this area but this was the first time at this hotel. Very nice location, convenient to Pendleton, Legoland, and beaches. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food and service in the restaurant was very good. Recommended. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank InterntlTraveler10

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was an exceptional Hilton Garden Inn. Room had an ocean view, the most comfortable room in weeks of business travel and friendly staff. Nice place for business too. Really have to say the best Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Originally planned a couple of nights stay, then extended it by two more days. The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. Great location by the oceanfront and less than a couple of miles to outlet mall and Legoland. Kids played ping pong in the garden and it was overall one of the better hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Krishna N
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a clean and comfortable hotel in a good location not too far off the I-5 when we found this little gem. I booked it based on other reviews and was not disappointed. The hotel is situated directly across the ocean, close to LegoLand, and a short drive to Carlsbad Premium Outlets and Westfields. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service too.

The rooms were very large, clean and the bed was comfortable. Although the furniture was starting to look a little tired it was still functional. There was a large wardrobe with ironing facilities, extra blankets and pillows and the room had complimentary coffee making facilities. The bed had a sleep number dial which made for a comfortable night's rest. There was a study desk with helpful information on local things to do and taxi details that I used to take me to Westfields.

The lobby was cosy and inviting and the staff were friendly. There were complimentary cookies during afternoon tea which were deliciously enjoyed by the fire as we watched our favorite tv shows. There is a large pool in a sunny area and lovely garden benches throughout the hotel to sit and relax. Parking on site is ample and many are directly near one of many sub entrances to the hotel.

We had an enjoyable breakfast with partial beach views from the restaurant. There was a good selection of hot and cold varieties and the resident chef was only too happy to make me an omelet using egg whites only. The wait staff were attentive and made sure your experience was a comfortable one.

Overall a great stop over that was clean, omfortable and convenient. I would not hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms on the right hand side facing the beach offer beach and mountain views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Hotel is very nice and the proxmity to the sea just across the street makes the stay even more enjoyable.
Rooms are confortable and clean and the staff are always available and friendly, barmen and chefs are very good and friendly.
Unfortunately for me I could not use all the services available due to time devoted to work.
In my opinion this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent, directly across the street from the beach and easy access to I-5. The staff was extremely friendly, making sure to greet us every time we passed. Rooms were pleasant, but could use a good cleaning, are a bit on the tired side. There was a piece of gum stuck to the side of the headboard when we arrived. Overall a nice property for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I was delighted to hear that you found our location convenient and that our staff was friendly while you stayed with us. I have communicated your feedback with our housekeeping staff and I can assure you that this has been taken care. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate you taking time to letting us know. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. Hilton Garden Inns are always clean, inviting and secure. This location was no exception. The only negative I took away from this visit is that the hotel is expensive to stay at. If you are going to the beach, this hotel is just across the highway from the ocean. So I understand that location determines how much a hotel can charge. The hotel appears to be an older facility that has been renovated. Rooms are small and the furniture is drab - not what I would expect from Hilton or for the amount I paid for my room. And if you want breakfast be prepared to pay $15 per person- the only option is a breakfast buffet that is way over-priced at $14.95 - by the time you add the tip in, you'll pay close to $20 for a very average breakfast!! If you decide to leave the hotel to dine elsewhere, the closest restaurants are several miles away. My advice to other travelers is to negotiate the lowest price you can for your room and bring some snacks!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business