WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Carlsbad, California
“Very much like Hawaii.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Have yet to stay at their super-fancy Tahitian suite, but I am a big fan of their deluxe rooms and the welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

My partner and I had to rush to Carlsbad on a family emergency from Oregon. We drove around the corner to see a lovely tropical hotel. As I walked into the lobby I was immediately greeted by Denise who did everything possible to set our hearts at ease. She talked with the owner and they were able to find us a wonderful room. Although we arrived at night we were able to take in the beauty of this little gem by the sea with the grounds alive with beautiful tiki carved palms, exotic tropical flowers, incredibly comfortable outside seating throughout the entire property, outside fireplaces/pits and the list goes on! Even though our stay was not a vacation, this hotel, it's loving and caring staff, the magical grounds, the central location to everything truly made this stay much more than we could ever have imagined. Thank You Ocean Palms and all your staff for helping us through a very difficult and stressful time. We will see you again!!
Jess and Frank

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed at the Ocean Palms Hotel in Carlsbad ca for our Daughters Graduation for three days in May and was blow away on the great accomidations and the whole quality of the Staff, Rooms and the Hotel Grounds felt like we were in the Tropics.
Two Thumbs Up !!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tpmoto
whittier, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort on May 21, 2010 for one night. When we checked in, the lady at the front counter said that she needed to charge $100 on my credit card to HOLD until we checked out the next day, just in case there were any unexpected charges, this is was with me. She ended up “ACCIDENTALLY” charging me $300 instead! We were later woken up around 2 am to VERY loud music, yelling, doors slamming and screaming. I called the front desk, but no one answered so I called the police. Around 3am the police came out and shut the party down. Later that morning we complained to front desk. They offered us a free stay for our troubles, but we both declined her offer and told her we would never be returning to Ocean Palms Beach Resort. After arguing with her for a while regarding a free nights stay, she offered to give us a refund which we then happily agreed to. After a week of calling they began telling me that the person who offered the refund had no authority to do so and that they were not going to honor it and there was nothing they could do. I finally received a phone call from him informing me that I was still not going to get my refund and that I have no proof that it was ever offered. I proceeded to tell him that this isn't a very good way to run a business and he then told me that "he has been running a business since before i was born," and that "everyone loves his place." I then told him I saw bad reviews online and would be reporting him to the chamber of commerce. He then proceeded to tell me, "stay away from them, don't mess with me, you'll be sorry."

This place has done nothing but cause problems and headaches for the two of us. The employees are extremely rude and sneaky. I couldn't help but feel they were giving us a hard time so we would give up the fight and walk away.

I believe this company takes people for granted and does not value their customers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank schrollie
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our first night as a married couple. Even though the stay was short because we were heading to Cabo the next day, it was a perfect place for us go after our wedding instead of back to our house at the other end of Carlsbad Village Drive :). We definitely recommend Ocean Palms because of it's location in the village of Carlsbad (you can walk to many restaurants/shops AND your right by the ocean.) We loved the "island feeling" it gave us and the staff was very accomodating by putting our Champagne in the room before we arrived. Thanks Ocean Palms!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crodr
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

You cannot ask for anymore from a resort. The staff are all very nice and friendly, and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I stayed at the resort for about a month in between home moves. It was like being on vacation. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The fire pits at night, surrounded by the palm trees make you feel like you are in a exotic location. Walk across the street and you are at the beach. Walk one street up and there are numerous restaurants and unique shops. I have paid a lot more at resorts that do not even come close to he Ocean Palms Beach Resort. You cannot go wrong here.
David Fisher

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank network4
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

We've stayed at ocean palms for over twenty years,yes its had it's good and bad but they seem to have it all together now.Not all rooms are glamerious but there clean and perfect for a family vacation.I wouldn't consider staying any where else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family