From check in to check out...this place is great!! I have stayed here several times, and encourage any travelers to do the same, you can't beat it! Only steps from the beach, across a small 1 lane beach street, you can find yourself standing ankle high in SoCal sand watching waves crash on an early evening sunset walk along the ocean. You can even hear the waves crashing from your open window at night. "Steps to good restaurants, blocks from bike rentals and the Coaster train that takes you in and out of the city and very nice grounds to relax in." (taken from another post because it is VERY true!) They are *pet friendly* which is very important to those with pets! There are even a couple of very friendly cats that live there that give the traveling animal lovers their fix of critters. I was actually born in Carlsbad, my family lives in Carlsbad and I stay at OPBR when I visit! The rooms are plush and very inviting and warm with complete kitchenettes. The last one I stayed in was rather small, it was the smallest room, but it was comfortable for my trip, 1 bd (queen) 3/4 bath (shower) kitchenette, but I think it would be great for a couple wanting to get away. Heated pool and hot tub, private parking, 24hr lobby and gift shop...Carlsbad at its finest!! Recommended to everyone who visits! I really do love staying here and will continue to do so!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad