This place reminds me of classic California. Old school bungalows with kitchen and cheap furniture. Our room had a full size refrigerator, full size stove and oven, but NO microwave. I found that beyond odd. The refrigerator was massive, but not having a microwave was an inconvenience. Parking at this place is just screwed. I think the "free parking" is misleading. Yes, there are like 10 spots on the property that are free to use, but there are probably 50+ rooms/units. Check-in guy was cool and relaxed, told me to park along one of the adjacent streets. Considering we vacation on the CA coast a few times/year for the last 15 years, I can assure you that parking here in peak season would be a disaster. I am not even sure what the hotel would do, but I suggest you ask them before you book if parking is important to you. The room was fine, but definitely "old school". The bathroom looks like original from the 50's or 60's with mint green tile and sink. The kitchen cabinets appear to be plywood painted white, fine, but definitely bargain basement. The night stands, wardrobe, and "entertainment center" are low-end chipboard and show some wear. Same with the ceiling fan, blades are warped and falling apart. Carpet looks very tired, but was clean. The courtyard here is great, gas powered fire pits and fireplace look great. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. Overall, I liked this place, but would not likely stay here again because of the parking. The room can be renovated, and probably will be, but the lack of parking will be a chronic problem with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad