First the negatives:
1. Do you like to sleep on the beach? You should, because half of the sand from it is in the carpet and furniture of this room
2. The furniture looks as though it was procured from the free ads on craigslist. Mostly broken, mostly ugly, definitely uncomfortable.
3. Moldy showers, hot water barely works, tiles falling off the wall in the bathroom (which doesn't have a fan, thus the mold and mildew- which also makes the whole room smell like a toilet)
4. Toilet clogs with every flush (even if nothing is in it)
5. The AC/Heater in the room is as loud as a lawn mower, and barely works.
6. Units are so poorly insulated that you can hear EVERYTHING that happens in the rooms nearby.
7. Units all butt up against the swimming pool, which is open until 11PM, so you get to hear that too (see #6)
8. Maids forget to leave towels, don't really clean anything, and seem to drag in more sand than they take out.
9. Asking for simple amenities like towels, soap, or coffee for the in room coffee maker is met with eye rolls from the staff, as if these items are somehow not included in the normal room- why is it too much to ask to have the maids replace the towels with clean ones?
1. The location is great, right near the beach- in a great area of Carlsbad.
2. The exterior landscaping is nice.
The negatives list could have gone on and on, and really the only redeeming quality of this place is it's location. Definitely not recommended if there are alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad