“Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Diego, CA
“Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We got a two bedroom suite for my son's wedding weekend two weeks ago. Everything was perfect, we had such a great time, it was a memorable wedding, so beautiful and knowing we had a great place to come back to at the end of each day was great!! I would reccommend this hotel to anyone, but ask for the rooms that have been remodeled, they are beautiful!! I would highly recommend the Maui Suite!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sharonp503

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort this past weekend and had the time of our life. I traveled from Florida and wish I lived there. I would live at the property if I could. The suite was superb. I travel all over the country on business. I found my stay at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort to be the most rewarding and relaxing experience I have had in years. Being able to just walk across the street to the beach was a definite bonus. The cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of the staff is like no other. I will definitely be back. By the way, it was my birthday so that made my experience more memorable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara M
Glendale
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night last month with our dog. We had stayed one night in ocean beach since it was right by the dog beach down there, but it was horrible. We cancelled our second night and drove up to Carlsbad. We slept 10 times better at this hotel than the other one we stayed at.. (Ocean Beach Hotel...yuck!!) and so did our pup. Ocean Palms is such a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. When we come back to Carlsbad with our dog we will definitely be staying here again and try out the dog beach a little south in Del Mar. I would recommend staying here, especially if you need a pet friendly hotel in Southern California.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caligirlatheart7
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The location of this hotel is great - across the street from beach access, walkable to all the restaurants and shops of Carlsbad Village. Super helpful and friendly staff. I was not thrilled with the room I was originally assigned and front desk staff quickly moved me to a nicer room. Recommend spending the extra money on an updated/renovated room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank maggie f
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I lived in Carlsbad right on the beach by the villiage for 10 years. I wanted to be close to my neighborhood and friends and on the beach. I found the Ocean Palms through my friend whose brother stayed there last year and said it was great and affordable!

We checked in on the 12th of September and got the discounted off season rate @ $99.00 per night!!! We signed up for 2 days but after the first day we added 2 more. The hotel is older but has been refurbished and very comfortable. The bed was awesome and it was squeaky clean.

The staff was ultra friendly from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. These rooms have a full size stove, sink and a large mini fridge so if you don't want to eat out you can bring in your catch and cook it up. There is also pots and pans, flatware,plates etc. with soap and towels for cleanup. There is a heated pool and awesome powerful jacuzzi and also a fitness room. Small store for incedentals as well.

It is literally 40 steps across the alley and down to the nicest beach in Carlsbad. You are right at the end of villiage drive so a walk into town for restaraunt, bars, music and shopping is all walking distance. We only got in the car once to drive down to Cardiff to have dinner. Parking is plentiful and the entire place is gated so you use your key to enter.

Can't wait for my next visit and we will definetley make it longer next time!

Thanks for a wonderful vacation and experience!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaBakken
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Super nice staff. Plenty of amenities. Nice gym! :-) Clean and a 15 second walk to the beach. What else could you need?

Room Tip: Rooms that are on Ocean Drive come with a personal patio ;-)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric C
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Nice place, lots of kids running around and splashing in pools and hot tub. The air conditioner did not work but was replaced in the blink of an eye by the staff on site. If you want a quiet and romantic this is OK but is more geared to family and reunion types of situations, at least when I was there. An adult only pool or hot tub or both would be a good idea. No on site restaurant or lounge but several within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple