Our family has been going to the Oceam Palms for weekly stays for the past 16 years with serveral other families with same aged children. It has been the perfect spot for kids and adults alike. The families still return every summer even though the kids are grown. In fact, the "kids" often join us when they can. They often speak fondly of past memories at the Ocean Palms.
The hotel is funky (old, apartment-like, and not exactly what you might think of as a "resort"or even a hotel). Half of the hotel rooms were remodeled several years ago, but for some reason the rest of the rooms were not. The un-remodeled rooms look their age but they are clean. The hotel has a pretty courtyard with plenty of tables and chairs and lighted fire pits at night. Many families barbeque and eat out on the patio. The hotel is not directly on the beach, however, you only have to cross a small street to get to the sand. The staff is generally friendly and responsive. Be warned that the streets around the hotel can get pretty noisy at night and affect sleep. The garbage trucks have a tendancy to pick up very early in the mornings, as well. Parking can be a hassle on weekends.
Overall, the rates are rather expensive for the quality. But there is something about this funky place in Carlsbad. Maybe it's its great location to restaurants, shops, and the Coaster. The beaches here are beautiful and family friendly. The Ocean Palms is just a unique and always fun place to stay, different from the typical resorts in the area. We keep coming back year after year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad