WHAT A TERRIFIC PLACE! The rooms are clean, relaxing and have kitchen features, which is great for a family. It is across a small street from the beach in a relatively safe area. the grounds are beautiful, there is an adequate pool and jacuzzi, and best of all , mom and dad can go down to the courtyard in the evening and relax with a glass of ?, in front of a fire-- while the kids are asleep or watching tv in the room. You can see most of the rooms right from the courtyard so it makes for a very relaxing evening to visit with other adults ! Also, there are barbques available for your use.
only drawback--parking is very limited, so when you find a place, walk everywhere you can ! also very close(walking distance) there is a part of the beach that has life guards - you can drive and park or walk-its close enough!
Carlsbad itself is much more family oriented than other areas of san diego beaches. We didnt see alot of homeless or rough looking persons as we have in the past in the misson beach area.
We would absolutely go again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For generations, families visiting San Diego's North County for fun and relaxation on America's greatest beaches have enjoyed staying at the Ocean Palms. Our casual Carlsbad resort is ideally located along the coast in Carlsbad Village, home to one of Southern California's best collections of shops and restaurants. The Ocean Palms offers a wide choice of Carlsbad accommodations. From comfortable budget rooms to luxury suites, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms, some with ocean views, every room offers a fully equipped kitchen. We have the unique ability to provide you with the exact sleeping arrangements you need. Whether it's adjoining rooms or a suite, we can get you the space you need at a rate you'll love. Enjoy a continental breakfast, with fresh fruit, fresh-baked cookies, Danishes, and fresh-brewed coffee. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the lush landscaping. We're pet friendly, there's free WiFi, a heated pool and Jacuzzi. We love families who can't get enough of the beach, so we provide free beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, and even free surfboards. The beach is right across the street, and the charming Village of Carlsbad is just a block away. Visiting Legoland? We're only a 10 minute drive. We're also just three blocks from the Coaster railroad station, so you can ride the train and take in all the attractions in San Diego, from a Padres Game at Petco Park to a tour of the historic aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. Here in North County San Diego, explore wineries and microbreweries. Welcome to your beachside home away from home. Come to the Ocean Palms, where cool Pacific breezes sweep across the enchanting Village of Carlsbad. There is no better place for families to capture the magic of Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Palms Beach Hotel Carlsbad
- Ocean Palms Beach Carlsbad