“Doctor Appointment” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Brawley, California
“Doctor Appointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived Sunday afternoon for a doctor's appointment on Monday morning. The front desk personnel was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious, clean and had a very comfortable bed. We walked across the street to the Outlets and had dinner @ Ruby's Diner walked a little afterwards because the stores close early on Sunday.

Room Tip: "Nice area and price"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice comfortable hotel, with super soft beds and comfortable pillows. The pool is great, but... They can improve on breakfast ! I have had better breakfast at 2* motels than here! Cereal was mostly empty, milk tasted funny! Good luck getting the kitchen lady to smile or say hi! The shuttle to legoland was fast nd easy:) overall we enjoyed our stay but woud have liked a better healthy breakfast for the price we paid!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room was very large, lots of space compared to a lot of hotels. My room had a patio, and it looks like all rooms have either a balcony or patio. Very quiet AC system, never heard it running. Location is amazing for shopping, right across the street from an outlet mall. Very close to LegoLand. Staff was really friendly! Great curtains that blocked out ALL of the light, no light leaking in around the edges.
I stayed for 5 days, 1 day my room did not get cleaned for some reason, but not a big deal.
Did find that the front desk phone gave me a busy signal quite a few times when I tried to call.
Fridge in my room was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Second Story floors have Balconys vs. lower floors having patio area that is open to common ground...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave M
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived here for one night on a business trip. The hotel rooms are spacious and you get a small selection of essentials in the bathroom.

The breakfast was OK but i'm not sure if the milk was off or not but it tasted really, really strange. I ended up having fruit and yogurt.

A short walk to the shops over the street from hotel made up for things a bit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DawnM1982
Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent last Sunday night here, using air miles for a free hotel stay.

The staff was super nice. They allowed us to check in hours early and stored our luggage on check-out day. Every staff member that we encountered was friendly and helpful.

The room was decent. It looked recently remodeled and we had a prime spot on the lower level, as close to the pool as you can get. The internet seemed spotty at first, but we discovered that it works perfectly if you are sitting at the desk. The bed was comfy and overall I liked the decor in the room. We didn't use it, but I appreciated that the room had a microwave.

We used the pool/jacuzzi three times. Since it's winter and cold, we had it all to ourselves and it was fantastic. Nice, clean and a good size. I would love to come back when the weather is warmer.

It's located in a prime location for Carlsbad activities, just across the street from the outlets.

The breakfast buffet was okay. I wouldn't have paid for it, but it was nice that it was free. They had a few hot items, but we stuck with bagels and cereal. It's simple, but good.

Overall, we found the hotel to be clean, safe and comfortable. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's nice and would be good for families. We would stay here again and recommend it.

Please visit my blog for pictures of our trip and other travel reviews and musings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Clean, nice rooms, very good customer service. The complimentary breakfast is nice and free acess to fitness room very convenient. Mid week value can't be beat. Would recommend and would stay here again.

Room Tip: East side - away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Linda S
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here on our trip to Legoland. Very nice hotel and staff is very friendly. We were the only ones on the shuttle to Legoland and the ride was quick! The driver picked us up from Legoland when we were ready to go back. Breakfast was also very nice. Lots to choose from for a continental breakfast. Hotel is located directly across the street from an outlet mall and many restaurants to include fast food as well. Short drive to the ocean to watch beautiful sunsets. Also, there is a computer and printer in the lobby that guests can use free of charge.

One complaint! We went to the hot tub and when I sat down I felt as if I was being poked by a bunch of little needles. I stood up and tried to sit again, but the same thing happened. We decided to leave. At first I thought it was the chemicals. I tried to wash everything off, but it didn't help. I soon came to realize that the poking was from fiberglass! Ouch! Luckily the front desk staff had shipping tape that I used to pull all of the fiberglass from my skin and it worked! I told them about it, but not sure if anything was done. The staff kept insisting that it was the chemicals, but I know it wasn't and had to have been fiberglass. Hopefully they fix this problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family