“A Very Good Experience, Will Repeat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Near Legoland

Rodeway Inn Near Legoland
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Carlsbad, California, United States
“A Very Good Experience, Will Repeat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had to extend my stay there by the week and I felt the staff there despite the other reviews to be very pleasant. The manager, Robin was very accommodating especially when I needed new keys almost every day. Housekeeping I found to be amazing as well. They came to my door every day and asked if I wanted service. They were so friendly and always had a smile on their faces. The rooms are nice with a mini fridge and microwave. Will definitely repeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jackieb170

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

After reading the reviews about this place, I thought I could give this place a try. I was wrong. The bad reviews this place received were true. My room was terrible and the staff there was nasty. I told the manager to change my sheets and he said that housekeeping did and they did not because the same stains on the same spots were there. I am disappointed that the hotel would give such nasty responses. People are entitled to their opinions on their reviews.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank L L
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

While not located in a quiet area (freeway noise was very loud), we were pleased with our stay. We arrived very late on Friday evening and found the manager welcoming and friendly. Our room was clean, but I wish they had king beds available on the 2nd floor. There is a light breakfast offering on the weekend (cereal and pastries), but only pastries during the week (something about the police not allowing them to serve cereal so they only do it on the weekends). There is a fridge and microwave in each room, which was nice to have. The sheets are a bit on the rough side, and (as our son and future daughter-in-law warned us), it's best to bring your own pillow. The ones in the room are very small and not comfortable. All in all, the hotel served our needs for this particular weekend. It was unfortunate the cleaning staff did not replace the empty tissue container on our last evening there, nor give us an extra roll of toilet paper. Maybe it's a cost saving measure?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CaliGal09
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed 2 nights and it was horrible. The staff is rude and very unprofessional. The manager there gives dirty looks to guests. Every time I walked in and out of my room to get ice, the staff gave me dirty looks. Even at breakfast, the staff was giving me dirty looks when I took the last muffin and an apple. There were spiders and cockroaches in my room. On the wall, there was a big spider cobweb on the wall. The other bad reviews about this place are true. I believe it now.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank N L
Hyland727, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Legoland, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
These accusations are false. It's ridiculous to think our employees would give dirty looks to anybody. We are under the impression that these last two reviews are by the same person and are looking into it further.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I just stayed here for 2 nights and my stay was not pleasant. I requested a non-smoking room and it stinks. There were cockroaches and spider cobwebs on the walls. Yuck! I found a spider on my bed. This place is nasty. I will never stay at the Rodeway Inn near Legoland ever again. That is the truth.

Room Tip: Please do not stay at the Rodeway Inn near Legoland. Please trust me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank C N
Hyland727, Manager at Rodeway Inn Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We do not agree with the opinions of this guest. We are AAA approved and inspected by various agencies to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms. We have never had a problem with insects of any kind and we take great care in our non-smoking rooms to make sure they are not smoked in. This guest is not a regular contributor on Trip Advisor and therefore the comment should be removed.

Rodeway Inn near Legoland.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a great hotel with great staff. Joyce and Robin treated us so well that we will definitely come back everytime we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank TiffanyBizz
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks and was very pleased.
Pros-
*laundry room
*decent sized room
*mini fridge and microwave
Cons-
*sheets not changed until asked

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business