“Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort”

Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I had a great weekend at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort!! The hotel was beautiful with nearby shopping and excellent Mexican food (at the restaurant there).
They have an activity room full of games, bikes you can use, ping pong and a small gym. On Fri. evening they even had live music with complimentary snacks and beverages.
Of course the ocean being across the street is a highlight and the adult jacuzzi was nice, however this is a very family friendly place!
I appreciated that there was always coffee and tea available and the staff was always courteous, friendly and helpful.
I'd like to go back when it is a bit warmer however, I still managed to get a bit of a sunburn!

Room Tip: The rooms with an ocean view are probably the nicest and quieter not being on the street side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Suzie F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed February 24, 2012

The newly remodeled rooms are beautiful. I was very pleasantly suprised by the deluxe soaps, shampoo, etc but the Keurig coffee maker was especially nice. I travel for a living and this is the first hotel/resort I have stay with a Keurig. Nice touch!

The view from my room with the balcony was awesome as was the staff!

Congrats to the management and staff of Carlsbad Inn!

Room Tip: No ocean view room was available so I choose the view facing the street. I enjoyed sitting on the b...
2  Thank HeberBlondie
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I arrived on a beautiful sunny day, met some friendly people, and my room was fantastic. I didn't have to go far to work out and the pool and spa were very relaxing. Really nice courtyard to read in and the beach was awesome. Good places to eat all around as well as shop. This place reminds me of why I love San Diego.

2  Thank CJtrip780
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We have owned a timeshare at this property for 20 years. It was recently remodeled and they have done a marvelous job of expanding the ocean views etc. The staff is super friendly and there is no sales pressure. You can walk from the hotel to the village of Carlsbad which has many quality restaurants and shops. The upkeep of this resort over the years has been fantastic and I would recommend to anyone. It is also very child friendly and is within driving distant of Legoland, San Diego Zoo and Disneyland. We go back every year and never get tired of the place.

Room Tip: If you rent a condo, do not get one on the first floor.
1  Thank Robert O
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was very helpful and informative. The room was very comfortable, the bed was very plush and the grounds were very relaxing.

1  Thank Cherie M
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had booked the hotel for a special birthday and when I arrived, I learned that my room would not have much of a view. Sabrina, Cassie, and Jammie at the Front Desk not only found a better view, but upgraded my room and surprised us with a bottle of champagne for the birthday. Everyone on staff was very helpful, the room was clean, and the location ideal for shopping, great food, and of course....the beach. Thank you

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Having never been to Carlsbad, I didnt know what to expect. We pulled in around 11pm and were greeted by a friendly security guard and front desk agent. After getting some much needed sleep we awoke to sunny skies and crisp ocean air. The location of this resort makes it easy to leave the car in the lot and walk around the small quaint village of Carlsbad. Coffee houses, boardwalks and Bistros are all within a few minute walk from the property. Feeling a little nervous about the congested interstate driving conditions found almost everywhere in Sothern California I opted to take the train down the coast and into Old Town San Diego (again only about a 5 minute walk from the Carlsbad Inn). With roundtrip fare around $10, it was a decision I wont soon regret.
My only regret while staying here was I didn't make time for the Jacuzzi. Not to worry, I'll be back!

2  Thank NVpowskier