“Beautiful beach resort!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Beautiful beach resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

A lovely resort just a stones throw from the Pacific in the vibrant beach community of Carlsbad. My room was immaculately clean, very well appointed and impressively quiet for a Friday night. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly,courteous and efficient. I was only there for one night on my way to the San Diego airport (about 35 min. away) but hope to come back here with more time to enjoy this wonderful location. I really enjoyed the elegantly landscaped courtyard/pool area which would be a great place to take in the sunset...but alas I was there on a rare rainy morning. I highly recommend this resort for a beach vacation or weekend getaway!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank JBrianM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I desperately needed a getaway, and the Carlsbad Inn was the perfect place for us to visit. We live in Carlsbad, so this was a great "stay-cation" that allowed us to do all the things we like to do without traveling too far. The resort was immaculate, and the room was absolutely perfect. The weather didn't cooperate too much with us, so we weren't able to enjoy the sunset like we hoped, but after switching gears and enjoying a "cozy" evening, we couldn't wait to make plans for our next visit.

Our check in was the smoothest I've ever experienced, and out room was ready when promised. We took the advice of the front desk staff and enjoyed happy hour and the game at the Norte restaurant next door to the resort. Perfect recommendation, as the food and drinks were great. We were also delighted to find vouchers for breakfast at the Daily New Cafe, one of our favorite breakfast places in Carlsbad, also just a few steps away from the resort.

All of the staff that we had interactions with were extremely welcoming, friendly, and professional. Their recommendations were spot on, and we could tell that they were giving us an honest opinion and not a canned response. The resort had plenty to do, despite the rain, and we felt like we really had a getaway, even though we never left town. Can't recommend this place enough, and can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: Our room was located on the east side, second floor. The resort is the perfect size so that any room...
1 Thank Tray T
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We traded a time share to stay at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort. It's in a perfect location right by the beach and within walking distance of several shops and restaurants. It has a great pool and lawn area. It's within 30 minutes of San Diego Zoo, Safari Park and Sea World, and only about 10 minutes to Legoland. The condo was very clean and it was nice to have a full kitchen. We had a broken coffee maker and housekeeping replaced it within minutes. Front desk folks were very friendly and even got me a great discount for Legoland. It was quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

We spent November 7-13,2011 at this excellent resort. Can not say enough good things about the staff, facilities, grounds and lliving units. Would highly recommend this to anyone wants to vacation at the beach. Weather was not the best but we still enjoyed it.

1 Thank silver31
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

If you're looking for a an easy and affordable way to spend a week at the beach this fits the bill. Great Location, near great restaurants and Carlsbad village-property is older but rooms are re-done and have full kitchens-beach is right across the street. Great for families-living room and kitchen in the units so you can cook. A wide variety of greateateries within a block or two. Small pool but 2 jacuzzis, work out room, free wi-fi, children's playroom and yard, bicycles and strollers on property to use. Rooms are decorated nicely.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Can recommend highly. Very friendly staff. Clean, great service. Out the backgate and on the beach.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Stuckler
cottonwood heights, utah, united states
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

The Carlsbad resort......very accomodating! The proximatey to the beach is a stone cast away..!! Couldn't be better!! The hottub overlooking the sunsets...totally breathtaking!! We even cuddled outside on the lounge chaise in the rain....! The firepits were magnificent, as we giggled and met new friends over a bottle of wine. The condo was very nice and clean. The shower head was kinda quirky with the extendible neck.....and the closet opening into the valance was definitely a "duh??" decison....!! NOT that I personally would have noticed in my star-gazed moment, but my guy kinda works with that stuff, so he found it quite odd!

I also stayed in the Carlsbad Inn units and those were totally updated and lovely! I really appreciated the fact that both rooms had firm, fluffy down pillows, duvets and comfortable beds!! The hotel room also had a idock station that was awesome for my perky music!

As always, I made friends with the staff and I must say that Yolanda is a keeper!! So friendly and hospitable! She is going to visit me at my kimi's mountainside bistro at Solitude Mountain Resort. Randy Chapin, the General Manager was extremely kind and very accomodating!! Kudos to the entire staff who entertained me and my effervescent persona.!!

So many fun memories, I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family who often travel to Carlsbad.

cheers!
kimi

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view...!!!