“Fish Tacos”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
North Olympic Peninsula
“Fish Tacos”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Wonderful fish tacos for our family. Very busy place which usually means good things, and in this case it was all good. Short wait. Sat outside and they found me. Price was reasonable. A bit hard to find the place for this out of towner. I would definitely go back

Visited July 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“excellent food, fresh and delicious”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We like to eat seafood when in CA because we don't see much fresh seafood in AZ. I am eating gluten free so my husband found this Pelly's and we went with our two young kids. The fish was completely fresh, cooked to perfection, and well marinated. The selection was also great. My husband really enjoyed his swordfish, my kids enjoyed their shrimp tacos and smoked albacore sandwich, and I loved my teriyaki glazed sea bass. It came with a very good sized salad and some flavored rice. So I actually got to enjoy a very delicious meal without any guilt. We would recommend Pelly's to Carlsbad locals and travelers. If we had stayed another night in that area, we would have eaten there again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Christie C
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States
“Soooo good!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Pelly's reminds me of a place in Dana Point I used to go to as a kid. Fresh, simple seafood served totally casually on paper plates with a pickle and fresh crunchy slaw. Order at the counter and grab your own napkins and hot sauce. It was a little odd that this kind of fish market was in a strip mall...between a Subway and a pizza place, but it didn't bother us. We had the Pelly's special salad. It was sooo good! Our cashier suggested the Thousand Island dressing, and I would bet it was house made. Really yummy! We also had the new England style clam chowder, which was great. Pelly's also serves the red, Manhattan style chowder, which not many places do. I will for sure try that next time. Hubby and I also shared a sandwich, local caught sea bass...it was fantastic. Reasonably priced, super delicious. We will go back next time we are in Carlsbad!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Glo3S
Boulder, Colorado
“Shrimp Tacos were great!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We love to eat fish and seafood when we travel to coastal locations although we are not big spenders. We aren't overly picky eaters but we like food. We had the fish tacos, shrimp tacos and the clam chowder. We thought it was all good but really enjoyed the shrimp tacos and chowder more then the fish. We ordered at the counter and ate outside. Service was fairly quick and friendly. We really enjoyed Pelly's and it was a great place to get some seafood in a casual environment.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Gave it a second chance, but had just as disappointing an experience this evening.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Was very much looking forward to our first dining experience when we arrived in Carlsbad last week. Knowing it was casual dining appealed as we were coming straight from the beach. We happily ordered the grilled scallop & halibut platters and settled into the patio seating area to wait for our meal. What arrived was an embarrassingly small fish portion and a very lackluster rice and salad. Heavily salted and overuse of that commercial garlic. Never mind, we thought we'd give it a second chance for redemption this evening. Mistake! The plump blond cashier didn't crack a smile when we ordered, our order arrived (again!) heavily ladened with previously mentioned garlic and swimming in grease. We ate it though and didn't complain- just knew we wouldn't return again. Final straw was when we left and saw the blond cashier dropping some "to go"order off to customers at the table next to ours. I smiled and said thank you, whereby she snickered, made no response in return and walked off. I guess out of town customers aren't that valued by this establishment- save your money and don't bother with Pelly's. We wanted to love it, but sadly there's an arrogance factor present here which is a
pity.