“exhiliarating day”
Review of Spa at La Costa

Spa at La Costa
Ranked #2 of 20 Spas & Wellness in Carlsbad
More attraction details
Owner description: This luxury resort offers two PGA championship golf courses, more than 21 tennis courts and the award-winning La Costa Spa.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went here to spend a "spa day" to celebrate 50th year with a few high school girlfriends and I want to visit again! It is breathtaking, serene, and full of options. We all had pedicures and massages and spent the rest of the time on the grounds experiencing the sauna, steam, whirl pool and the cafe. I saw quite a few people pass through, but the way it is set up made us feel like we were having our own private party when we were together, but our quiet time as well. Many seperate rooms for waiting/visiting/etc. We had a chance to walk around the grounds and now I would love to come back to try some of the other amenities since it has many things I love such as tennis, golf, yoga, fitness facitlities, and offer spiritual and healthy living packages. A little pricey, but worth it if you have the means or if you know you want to to "splurge" but want to know it is worth it.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you're travelling solo and don't want total isolation, skip this. The spa menu is non-existant---a spa cafe with over mayo-ed tuna salad, chicken salad and panini sandwiches- doesn't come close to comparing to what is true spa cuisine offered at Sanctuary in AZ or Canyon Ranch or the Golden Door. Spa facilitie are nice but not over the top--can't compare to Sanctuary or others in this regard either. Spa treatments are overpriced and nothing special that you can't get at home at Massage Envy or other less pricey club prices--way over priced for what they are and not worth it. Classes are OK but limited over the holidays so especially would not recommend this for Christmas holiday or year end. Other places were much friendlier--the two more 'formal' dining rooms were pricey and not really where a single person would want to hang out alone. Since the weather was disappointing--granted--not the spa's fault, no laying by the pool. I stayed for 5 days but was ready to go home by the 3rd--yes it is possible to tire of spa treatments only, the meditation class is only a precursor to taking the full week of intensive Deepak Chopra stuff and intended to sell you on more so the 1/2 hour was less than satsifying--not horrible,just ok. Walks were OK too. Pool stuff for way older ladies so didn't fit in there either. Maybe I'm just a misfit but I had much better experiences and more bang for the buck at Sanctuary and Canyon Ranch can't can't understand who these guys paid off to get a #1 spa rating. Overall---disappointing.....

2  Thank LBKB1040
Reviewed December 17, 2012

An excellent way to spend a day-- massage, sauna, steam room, pool. An outside area to lie in the sun, great service. It's all good.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stated my mini-vacation at the spa. The package deals are well priced appropriately. Loved the meassage, facial and lunch.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was a walk in and requested a facial and massage package for $305.00 which included a spa lunch. The spa is beautiful and the service is oustanding. I loved the sauna room which was perfect for sweating out the impurities. The dry sauna was awesome and the jacuzzi was hot and welcoming. I loved both my facial and the massage was outta this world. I enjoyed the rest of the day lounging poolside andhad the chicken salad lunch which was delicious. I highly recommend LaCosta Spa for a day of pure indulgence it was well worth it and I will be a repeat visitor on my next trip to Carlsbad. The spa had all the amenities you could possibly need - just bring a swimsuit. First class establishment and your worth it!