“Decent food, but the price is steep without a certificate”
Review of Gregorio's

Gregorio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gregorio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 366 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday night, right near closing time. We were staying at one of the many timeshare resorts in the area, and ours happen to give us a Restaurant.com certificate to this place. There seemed to be a plethora of choices in Italian food in this part of Carlsbad, including the one of the many Vigilucci's seen around SD.

We had the lasagna, chicken parmigiana and another pasta dish. While the food tasted all right, it didn't blow us away, the prices weren't out of the ordinary for any other Italian restaurant, and with the GC, our total still came out to a price that would be paid WITHOUT a discount. With the many choices in Carlsbad, G's is in the middle because of its price. Next time around, I would try Vigilucci's or Pizzaport up the street, since it looked to be much more vibrant.

1  Thank d l

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a group of 16 people at the last second wanted dinner in Carlsbad and they wanted Italian. I called a few places and they wouldn't even consider it, but once I called Brandee at Gregorio's she gave me a few options and we had a table at 8:30, right when we wanted it. Food was very good, small problem with 2 orders but they corrected them right away. Served hot and Sarah our waitress was super nice. Eggplant Parmesan and chicken Parmesan were big hits.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I dont really understand why everyone is saying the food is good. The only thing I enjoyed was my Fat Tire. My boyfriend and I split the pesto pasta and it was terrible, totally awful. I got a salad and it was far from fresh. And, the poor waitress got hit super hard and had zero support.
We for sure won't be going back. There's wayyyy better restaurants in Carlsbad.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We returned to Gregorio's because our one previous dining experience had been delightful. Unfortunately, this visit was anything but delightful. My husband's salad had a long, blonde hair in it. When he mentioned this discretely to the waiter, we were told that the manager was "analyzing the situation." We both were so turned off by the whole experience that neither of us could stomach our entrees. The manager never came to our table to apologize or to see if there was anything that could be done to salvage our night out. We were charged for all of the meal except the hairy salad, despite the fact that we did not even touch our food. When my husband emailed the management, they responded with a sincere apology (despite the fact that they made excuses for the manager on duty). They offered us a $50 gift certificate in an attempt to rectify the situation. We responded graciously. To add insult to injury, the gift certificate never appeared. I would never consider eating at this establishment again, nor would I recommend it to anyone! I can honestly say that this is the worst customer service I have ever received.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food was good and the variety was excellent, atrmosphere was fantastic and Valerie was the best waitress ever. Highly recommend it.

Been to Gregorio's? Share your experiences!