“Heated outdoor dining on cool evenings”
Review of Gregorio's

Gregorio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gregorio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 355 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visited this restaurant last week during our California visit. Familiar with the area as we stayed in close proximity to it a few years ago. We were offered outside dining, but being a cool evening; initially we opted to stay inside although it was not very spacious. However, once we were told that the outside area had a wind screen and heat; we accepted the change. Only three draft beers available, but all good choices. Calamari was ordered to give us more time to select our diner plus a favorite as an appetizer. Generous and tasty portion which was almost too much. Bread was added which was very warm, fresh and tasty. Waitress recommended eggplant parm which I switched to from my original choice of scallops. Wife had Pasta Emilia which she praised the sauce. Overall a reasonable priced meal with all profits going to the Carlsbad Boys and Girls Club. Great to frequent a place that is giving back to the community.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were walking down the street looking for a place to have dinner and decided to try this restaurant. We were not disappointed.

We were immediately greeted and brought to a table by a window. Service was fast and friendly.

My wife ordered Eggplant Parm and I ordered Lasagna. She also ordered a garden salad and I a caesar. Both salads were huge and delicious.

Next came our entrees and they were not only delicious, bug the portions were huge. WE enjoyed our meals but could not finish them. So, our lovely waitress boxed them and even gave us plates and plastic utensils. We had the leftovers the following night in our Timeshare condo and it made for another delicious meal.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited at lunchtime on a Wednesday. Server was very fast and professional. Husband was not crazy about his marinara gnocchi, but he ate up the fresh bread. My salad was ultra fresh and great. Prices decent. Nice environment.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have 2 small dogs and wanted someplace to have a good meal. Upstairs outdoor dining, very nice young lady seated us. Friendly young man served us and the food was "Bellisimo". Husband had Feattucini Alfredo and I had Chicken Limone with artichoke, The appetizer we had was Caprese with Garlic bread and Cannoli for desert. The entire check was $69.50. The experience was worth every penny. Should I return to the area I will dine here again. Fantastic Italian food.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It would be so easy to do really good Italian food that it is a crime to do it as badly as I found this restaurant recently. The food was oh so bland, the red sauce tasted like it came out of a jar, and the pasta was over cooked. It's like one of those "Restaurant Impossible" places where the kitchen just can't cook. The sausage cacciatora had tasteless sausage. I come back about once a year because my girl friend knows someone who runs the place, but honestly it has slowly gone downhill over the last five years. Only reason not to give it one star was better than average service.

Been to Gregorio's? Share your experiences!